lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 par car no charging voltage

I am not super knowledgeable on the mechanics of the VR but I was under the impression that they are nothing more than advanced resistors. IE, a generator will put out anywhere between 0v and 35v depending on fast it is spinning. The VR is able to stabilize that range so that it never goes over 14v or so no matter how much current the VR is putting out. It's nothing more than a mechanism to assure that a cart batter doesn't get too much voltage from the generator. It can certainly get less, though.

I am somewhat comfortable in my belief in that I have seen plenty of carts receiving volts when their batteries were reading over 12v.

It's ok to swap the non-ground wires on the VR to see what you get at that point as well. Cart VRs can be wired a couple of different way. On my 1985 the manual even says "suggested wiring for the VR" indicating that there are other ways to wire it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar