lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
topekag22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4
Default No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

I just took in a G22 gas cart on a trade that doesn't run. I have started to go through the steps in the sticky and ran across something rather odd. On the stop switch at the accelerator pedal when I checked the brown wire for 12V I got nothing. However, I checked the red wire and got 12V from it (without the pedal being pressed). From looking at the wiring diagram this should not be happening. Outside of the wires somehow being switched around is there anything else that would cause this?
topekag22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 07-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............
 
smallblock450sl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma Washington
Posts: 11,658
Default Re: No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by topekag22 View Post
I just took in a G22 gas cart on a trade that doesn't run. I have started to go through the steps in the sticky and ran across something rather odd. On the stop switch at the accelerator pedal when I checked the brown wire for 12V I got nothing. However, I checked the red wire and got 12V from it (without the pedal being pressed). From looking at the wiring diagram this should not be happening. Outside of the wires somehow being switched around is there anything else that would cause this?
red to the key switch, witch turns into brown "12 volt power" to the "stop switch" then r/w to the engine stop relay, then r/w to the solenoid.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
Mike Mac
G8 Specialist
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,793
Default Re: No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

Gee's Block, your signiture speaks volumes!!...
Mike Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #4
topekag22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4
Default Re: No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
red to the key switch, witch turns into brown "12 volt power" to the "stop switch" then r/w to the engine stop relay, then r/w to the solenoid.
I looked again last night and it is the r/w that I am getting constant 12v on when the key is on. The brown wire I get nothing on.
topekag22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
topekag22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4
Default Re: No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by topekag22 View Post
I looked again last night and it is the r/w that I am getting constant 12v on when the key is on. The brown wire I get nothing on.
Got it running tonight. Just a blown fuse.
topekag22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild
 
dbmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,730
Default Re: No Start, Stop Switch Question G22

That's good to here that it's only a 50cent part to get you back going
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How do I wire start and run with a key instead of pedal start/stop Gas Club Car
anyway to get rid of stop/start? Gas Yamaha
G9 Start Stop Switch Gas Yamaha
Start and stop Gas Yamaha
Start and stop Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.