lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 rear end noise

Whole axle is about $1k full retail, labor is not $500-700. Sounds like a "hose job" to me.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yeah that dealer is higher than giraffe vagina. My local dealer has some 2012.5 -2013 northern fleet carts with the 8v batteries for 2250$ everyday of the week. Like cg said the complete transaxle retail price is 1000$. Installation isn't too much involved. Less than an hour should get it installed.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #13
gopokes
Not Yet Wild

Well they said it was two of the gears, so I had them replace them. Ended up being $700 with labor included so I felt ok about that. Unfortunately when I got there to pick it up, it was making the exact same noise. They all said they had drove it all day and it was as quiet as can be. They all looked confused, and said they would have to tear it back down and take a look again. Not sure if they were trying to pull a fast one or not. They seem like good people so hopefully it was a fluke of some kind.
gopokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Dang man you should have went ahead and got a brand new one for that kinda price. The gears probably were no more than 200$ with 500$ in labor. I would demand a refund
Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #15
dbmachine
Gone Wild

http://cheapyamahaparts.com/JW2-G6300-04-00

That was just the the first one that popped up. 850$ genuine oem yamaha part brand new
Old 08-25-2015, 02:40 AM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Dang man you should have went ahead and got a brand new one for that kinda price. The gears probably were no more than 200$ with 500$ in labor. I would demand a refund
$200 for the parts? I wish! (saying that, have you checked the prices for individual gears & stuff?). A new axle woulda been a better deal, but the individual parts are stupid $$. Shoulda got a solid quote, then when it was only a two hundred less than a whole new axle, "pony up the cash" for a new axle. I dont suggest to people here to just get a whole new axle because the individual parts are cheap. Not trying to allow for "ripoffs", the individual parts are outrageous price, a whole new one is a better deal.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #17
willcoxg
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
hey Gopokes, for giggles you should lay behind cart and try to turn the axle tubes behind the hubs and see if they turn...these are actually spacers held tight by the axle nut and when the nut is a little loose causes them to turn and make an annoying noise. I get carts back off my showroom all the time for a weird noise and it turns out to be just that. Also Yamaha sent me these rubber grommets that go down in the motor coupler to stop an annoying motor noise, which is a cheap fix that is effective.
Both my tubes turn, but I’m not sure where the axle nut is. Do you have a picture that identifies it?
willcoxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #18
willcoxg
Not Yet Wild

Both my tubes turn, but I’m not sure where the axle nut is. Do you have a picture that identifies it?
willcoxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

It lives right in the center of the 4 lug nuts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha