lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #11
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Stretch my cart

Finished replacing the bumper with 2.5x2.5x1/4 angle, polished it up then I dressed it up with some 1" pipe.. I really like the raw look of that metal, maybe I'll just clean the welds up a little and clear coat it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151114_143605.jpg (388.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151114_140335.jpg (436.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151114_160614.jpg (441.0 KB, 0 views)
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #12
RibbedGiraffe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like a fun project! I moved my front forward when I built my lift. -
RibbedGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #13
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

You do fine, fine work young man!!! Keep posting, some of the best/real McCoy stuff I've seen on this forum.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #14
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
You do fine, fine work young man!!! Keep posting, some of the best/real McCoy stuff I've seen on this forum.
Cruise Master, Thank you, I appreciate the compliment, truly there is a lot of GREAT TALENT on BGW. I'm having fun playing show and tell with my low budget cart, with the springs I ordered that puts me right around $800 ($600 for the cart). I tinkered around with a lot of stuff a few years back with my 3 boys (all grown with families of their own), BGW inspired me to go out into the garage and play a little and I'm having a great time doing it . Thank you again and enjoy the south.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I used them springs on my 92 and they pushed the front axel forward like u are looking for.
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #16
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoal82 View Post
I used them springs on my 92 and they pushed the front axel forward like u are looking for.
That's the million dollar answer I was looking for. Thank you Skoal82
Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #17
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RibbedGiraffe View Post
Looks like a fun project! I moved my front forward when I built my lift. -
Truly it is fun, I was going to ask you how you moved your front axel forward but while I was looking through your post, I seen that you asked for info on it, but never got an answer.(A big engine war broke out. lol) but no need now skoal82 chimed in and told me he used the same springs I ordered. Thanks for you help.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #18
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
.... I'm having fun playing show and tell with my low budget cart.
That's what it's all about.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #19
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Ok then.. any idea's on how to stretch the front end without spending a lot of cash...added some old 4 wheeler tires to it that was lying around and made my own lift kit for it. also mounted a harbor freight winch ($49 special). not sure about the location, I'm gonna keep the wheels turning on that one..by the way I see a lot of good mods on here, I hope no one mind's that I copy 1 or two of them, thinking of a roll bar and a short windshield next. thanks again in advance..
Not sure how well your mounting location for the winch will work for you. I welded a post on my front axle, and have it mounted on top of that. My plow blade mounts to the front axle also, so when the blade is raised, and I go over bumps, the relative distance stays the same. If the winch where mounted off the axle, as the axle moves up and down, the blade will be raised and lowered accordingly. Of course, your mounting location makes it much better as a winch for pulling hard, but that is not what you are using it for. Your blade looks cool. I got one that was trash picked, so,... that makes it easier. And I am sure you already have, but you did make a flip over device for the blade right? It would really stink to hit something hard and have the blade not give!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #20
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yes it does bounce up and down a few inches,(mounted to the cart frame) I'm thinking it might be a little less bounce now that I put a new set of heavy duty txt springs on it, haven't tested it yet, I was thinking on putting a set of adjustable skids on it, to keep it off the ground about and inch because I have a gravel driveway. the snow blade I made, but the frame was from a plow I had on a 4 wheeler, so yes it does have the flip over device, thanks for looking out, if you don't mind could you send me a picture of your winch mounting bracket. maybe I can slap your setup on mine if the bounce is to much. and thanks again for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO