lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
Jerryb07
Not Yet Wild

Default POS G3 jetting

Question: when mixing fuel in a 2 stroke g3 golf cart, what should I change my main and pilot jet to?

Back story: I got a 1980s sun classic for free years ago (4 or 5). I noticed it uses minimal gas (1-2 tanks a year) and no oil. I don't really care that it is probably running lean and not getting lubricated. I removed the back half of this and welded a trailer hitch on it. I tow a utility trailer with it. I beat this thing badly and treat it like a 4 wheeler. Anyhow, due to the lack of oil and care for this POS it's not running so well. It died 2 months ago. The rings are dry, squawking and it won't start. I dumped a quart of oil in the spark plug hole, rolled it over and started mixing my gas. It came back to life. I know the motor is junk, and on borrowed time (it has been for 5 years). Do I need to change my jetting to bypass the oil injection?
Jerryb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: POS G3 jetting

Nope just premix it 100:1
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Jerryb07
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Any suggestions on top end repair?

I know I need a jug , piston , and rings. I don't quite understand what keeps this cart running. It compression tested 80psi on a known good gauge.
Jerryb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

pull it apart and clean up the top of piston there should be a stamp in it STD 25 50 75 or 1.0 find out what one you have and order next size bigger once you get piston in take cylinder in with piston to local machine shop and have them bore it out this way of doing it is significantly less money than buying the "top end kit"....also while you are doing with crank seals should be replaced
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha