lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Can the EZGO 13HP Kawasaki engine be retrofitted to an older TXT cart?

Hi there. I see this advertised as a replacement engine for 2012 to 2015 RXVs. on the EZGO website (for non golf applications).

Can this 13HP Kawasaki replacement engine be retrofitted to an older TXT cart? (Mine is a yr 2000 TXT.). I know this wouldn't bolt straight in, but how difficult would this be?

Thanks in advance for any info.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can the EZGO 13HP Kawasaki engine be retrofitted to an older TXT cart?

You need everything from trans, engine, shift and throttle cables, brackets, and most likely some fabrication. EZGO does use them in the newer TXT models. The engine runs backward so clutches are mounted on the right side.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can the EZGO 13HP Kawasaki engine be retrofitted to an older TXT cart?

Thanks - don't suppose there are any retrofitting kits out there or engine shops that would sell all the right bits. A 13 HP engine would be the answer to my prayers as the 9 HP is inadequate up the steep hills where I live.

Can't lift as this is a family vehicle and wife has banned this due to instability cornering on steep hills.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

Unless you can get a heck of a deal on that motor and any accessories you might need the Vegas Carts motor or a Clone motor with the Vegas carts cradle is going to be your cheapest bolt in option that doesn't require a lift.
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

I understand - but suspect this will be a much noisier single cylinder option. I want performance but the cart will be for family use and my wife will give me grief if I make it noisy.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #6
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

I think people have come up with ways to get them very close to stock levels, but anything making that much more power and spinning few 1000 RPMs faster won't sound stock. Mine is for the neighborhood on the lake or for running around at the drag boat races so even with a straight pipe it would be very load compared to the other things going on.
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #7
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Interested in a big block if someone has a solution to keep this relatively quiet. I can't customize so need an off the peg solution.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO