lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 owners

If you have a custom rear bumper and/or deck post pics. I'm looking for ideas. I bought a tubular bumper and need ideas on how to mount it that would also facilitate some sort of deck/landing. It's this bumper with no mounting tabs as they will not work for the g1. I just basically have the square tubing receiver to work with. I could weld a flat bar to it and bolt it to the square frame rail. The original mount points for the rear bumper are right where the bends in the tubing are so that won't work. Any ideas guys?

blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 owners

Here's what I did. Not sure how this would look on a lifted cart (I am a bit different than most in that I actually prefer the look of non-lifted buggies) but this worked well for me.

It's not the easiest thing to see in this this pic but I actually removed the stock rear bumper entirely and cut all but around 3" of the bumper mounts off. I framed the footrest out of 1" square steel tubing and decked it with plain old steel meshing. My cost on this was free as just so happened to have enough scrap metal laying around to do it.

Now, here is where thing got just a bit interesting. I ground notches in the remaining bumper mounts just a bit bigger than the 1" tubing and perhaps an inch deep. I placed the footrest into the notches then welded everything in place. This way, the foot rest is also the bumper. What's nice is that, as the footrest is essentially mounted to the frame, it can take pretty much any weight that someone can throw at it. I have since added a rear seat to this cart which wasn't there quite yet when I took this pic. If a ever want to add a hitch this footrest will easily accept it.

Whatever you do, keep in mind that the bumper has to be low enough as to still allow the rear body to fully open up when for engine servicing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170314_1859412.jpg (133.2 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha