lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
biglug
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 G9 solenoid wiring

does anyone have a picture of the wires going to the solenoid? I installed a new wiring harness because the previous owner had it all spliced up and things hot wired. right now there are no wires going to the small studs on my solenoid witch is not right.

Thanks biglug
biglug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 G9 solenoid wiring

http://www.courtesygolfcars.com/_lit...ng_Diagram_G9A

On small terminals, one side goes to ground.

The other side is the red/white feed from the key switch and pedal switch circuit to energize the solenoid.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
biglug
Not Yet Wild

thank you I will hook it up right tonight I kind figured the there would be a wire in the factory wire harness for this but I guess not.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

There is, but it's not uncommon on a 25 year old cart, which has passed through who knows how many different owners, who did what to the wiring. Sometimes it's best to start over and either build your own harness if you're comfortable doing so, or a new harness runs around $150ish if I remember correctly.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
biglug
Not Yet Wild

that's what I did when i got it it was running but not charging so I removed the old cut melted wires and bought a new replacement wire harness and voltage regulator. some how they must have removed the wires on the solenoid and ran shitty wires that I cut out. so I'll just re do the wires at the solenoid and run to the proper place. should make it run and charger I hope.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:50 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd just print out and double check the wiring per the diagram above. Make sure everything is good before trying to run it and risk smoking something else :)
Old 04-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #7
biglug
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I'd just print out and double check the wiring per the diagram above. Make sure everything is good before trying to run it and risk smoking something else :)
After looking all over the internet I found the solenoid wiring some hoe the previous owner had them both set to ground on starter generator. Now that I can drive it around it is pushing out oil from the square thing that says Yamaha on top of the cylinder. Seems to run and drive great And is charging.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
m1lrtym
Not Yet Wild

I came across this post because like you the cart I picked up recently has been spliced up a hundred ways. I have a new solenoid and trying to make sure I wire it up correctly. I have the wiring diagram but I only understand about half of it! To my understanding there is battery + to large post. 2nd large post to starter. Red wire (I assume from accelerator switch) to small post. 2nd small post to a ground. Are there no other wires connected to the red small post? I have one without a home! Appreciate any help or pictures you can provide. I've fixed all the mechanical stuff but the wiring is not something I have much experience with.
m1lrtym is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha