lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2021, 10:16 AM   #1
Bocephus10
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 EZGO marathon intermittently won’t run

Hey guys and girls, I’m new to the forum and am so thankful for the vast amount of info and help on here. I’ll get to my issue. My client had a 1992 EZGO Marathon golf cart that I runs on a 36v system. Lately it’s been intermittently dying while driving it. I’ve searched the various threads here and just wanted some clarification on what to check next and how exactly. My client just replaced the whole battery bank with 6 new batteries. I checked each cell and the total bank voltage and all looks good. Referencing a prior post it says I should read about 38v total and approx 6.32v individually. I also checked the M- and B- terminals then dumped the pedal and saw bank voltage. I believe that’s normal. We also replaced the solenoid and still it happens intermittently. I’ve checked all wiring and terminals. All seem clean and tight. Solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed and voltage is present like previous posts have instructed. I’ve tried jacking the rear end and pressing the pedal and wiggling wires. Also looked at F/N/R selector and that seems fine. It does run at times then just quits. Not sure what to do next. We replaced a whole bank of batteries and a solenoid and still have the problem. My client is getting tired of throwing more money into this. Any ideas or tips on what I can check or test next?
Bocephus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO marathon intermittently won’t run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus10 View Post
Hey guys and girls, I’m new to the forum and am so thankful for the vast amount of info and help on here. I’ll get to my issue. My client had a 1992 EZGO Marathon golf cart that I runs on a 36v system. Lately it’s been intermittently dying while driving it. I’ve searched the various threads here and just wanted some clarification on what to check next and how exactly. My client just replaced the whole battery bank with 6 new batteries. I checked each cell and the total bank voltage and all looks good. Referencing a prior post it says I should read about 38v total and approx 6.32v individually. I also checked the M- and B- terminals then dumped the pedal and saw bank voltage. I believe that’s normal. We also replaced the solenoid and still it happens intermittently. I’ve checked all wiring and terminals. All seem clean and tight. Solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed and voltage is present like previous posts have instructed. I’ve tried jacking the rear end and pressing the pedal and wiggling wires. Also looked at F/N/R selector and that seems fine. It does run at times then just quits. Not sure what to do next. We replaced a whole bank of batteries and a solenoid and still have the problem. My client is getting tired of throwing more money into this. Any ideas or tips on what I can check or test next?
If the red highlighted statement means the voltage between the B- and M- terminals stayed at pack voltage when pedal was pressed to floor, it is abnormal.

Normal readings are:
1. When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should read pack voltage.
2. When pedal is pushed to the floor, you should read zero volts.

If you're getting pack voltage with pedal on the floor, either the throttle or the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
Bocephus10
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB. I will verify it’s only bank voltage at initial solenoid click and not all the way down which you say should be zero. If the voltages are ok as you described what would be the next thing you recommend checking?
Old 09-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Bocephus10
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If the red highlighted statement means the voltage between the B- and M- terminals stayed at pack voltage when pedal was pressed to floor, it is abnormal.

Normal readings are:
1. When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should read pack voltage.
2. When pedal is pushed to the floor, you should read zero volts.

If you're getting pack voltage with pedal on the floor, either the throttle or the controller is bad.
If voltage is good like you describe in your response, what would be the next thing to check?
Old 09-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus10 View Post
If voltage is good like you describe in your response, what would be the next thing to check?
Throttle
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO