lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
busterkrazmoe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stuck Differential Cover

I have a 1992 EZGO Marathon Freedom cart. I thought I would CHANGE the lubricant in it instead of CHECK and FILL. Why? My tiny brain thinks it's probably been a long time since it was done.

Either someone convince me I don't have to change the lubricant or give me a tip on how to remove a stuck differential cover.

Thanks.
busterkrazmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2021, 10:24 PM   #2
jon21588
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stuck Differential Cover

It’s probably just silicone sticking it to the diff. I just did this and used a razor knife between the diff and cover. Took a rubber mallet and tapped the razor knife until I went all the way around. It came right off. I believe I read of people using a putty knife to do the same thing.
jon21588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 10:38 PM   #3
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkrazmoe View Post
I have a 1992 EZGO Marathon Freedom cart. I thought I would CHANGE the lubricant in it instead of CHECK and FILL. Why? My tiny brain thinks it's probably been a long time since it was done.

Either someone convince me I don't have to change the lubricant or give me a tip on how to remove a stuck differential cover.

Thanks.
Just be careful not to damage the cover or that will cost you some or scar the aluminum housing it's also soft.

Best to use thin razor or scraper blade or very thin puddy knife and a rubber mallet - take your time and work your way around it and it will eventually come lose.
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:31 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yup putty knife and rubber mallet is what I always use...keep one in my tool box just for that purpose
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO