lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
Bow_hunter40
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 CC help!!

I bought my 01' CC about a year ago and started the rebuild, first i repainted the body with a green bed liner type product then i bought the 6" lift but thats where it stopped for a few months, 6 or 7 to be exact. My problem is this, when i plug in the charger it comes on and runs or charges for about 15 or 20 minutes and the breaker on the charger box kicks!! A friend of mine told me to make sure all of the battery connections were free of corrosion so i spent all day yesterday cleaning and making sure all the connections were tight and clean. Still after all of that, it still kicks the breaker and won't take a full charge. What do i do now?? I'm not real sure how old the batteries are and i haven't took a reading on each battery seperately but the cart will run, just not for very long and going up a steep hill is out of the question!!! After i got my wheels, which is why it sat for the 6 or 7 months, i filled the batteries with distilled water b/c they were low and i didn't think it would even move at all but it did, for about 15 feet, i was stunned!!! There is a light on the dash for i guess voltage and it comes on about every 10 or 15 minutes, it doesn't have a gage, does this have anything to do with my problem??
Also, i'm electricly illiterate so if you can help me you might have to draw me a picture!! LOL!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bow_hunter40
Bow_hunter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 CC help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow_hunter40 View Post
I bought my 01' CC about a year ago and started the rebuild, first i repainted the body with a green bed liner type product then i bought the 6" lift but thats where it stopped for a few months, 6 or 7 to be exact. My problem is this, when i plug in the charger it comes on and runs or charges for about 15 or 20 minutes and the breaker on the charger box kicks!! A friend of mine told me to make sure all of the battery connections were free of corrosion so i spent all day yesterday cleaning and making sure all the connections were tight and clean. Still after all of that, it still kicks the breaker and won't take a full charge. What do i do now?? I'm not real sure how old the batteries are and i haven't took a reading on each battery seperately but the cart will run, just not for very long and going up a steep hill is out of the question!!! After i got my wheels, which is why it sat for the 6 or 7 months, i filled the batteries with distilled water b/c they were low and i didn't think it would even move at all but it did, for about 15 feet, i was stunned!!! There is a light on the dash for i guess voltage and it comes on about every 10 or 15 minutes, it doesn't have a gage, does this have anything to do with my problem??
Also, i'm electricly illiterate so if you can help me you might have to draw me a picture!! LOL!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bow_hunter40
Oxfordlawn just replaced his breaker and rectifier and that corrected his problem. Read through the whole thread below:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ker-front.html
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Bow_hunter40
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 CC help!!

Thanks Scuba!!!
I emailed George and he gave me some direction!! Hopefully it's the charger and i can get it fixed quick!!!
thanks again for your help!!!

Bow_hunter40
(Tracy Luckey)
Bow_hunter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car