lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Danley Motorsports
Not Yet Wild

Default Touchy Gas Pedal At Slow Speed

First of all I'm new here & would like to say ... Nice Site!

I just bought my first cart, a 95 EZ-GO TXT. The problem that I'm having is the gas pedal is touchy when trying to ease around at slow speeds. It's all or nothing. It runs fine at higher speeds. My first thought is that it may be in the govenor. But when I looked at it, it still has what I believe is the factory tie wire around it. It is also backed about 2/3 of the way out. When in neutral, if you just barely give it throttle (1/8 to 1/4) ... the belt will ride to the top of the pulley imediately. Could this be in the carb adjustment or the pulley set up? I just don't want to get started in the wrong direction and compound matters. Thanks for any help, Jason
Danley Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Touchy Gas Pedal At Slow Speed

First off, welcome to the forum!

Your problem sounds like a stretched throttle cable. The pedal micro switch should click before the throttle plate on the carb should move. It is a simple adjustment just to remove slack from the cable. Someone with a newer cart may be able to help you out with step by step directions.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Bob-0
Gone Wild

I would like to recommend adjusting the idle speed screw on the carb. If they are set incorrectly they will hold the throttle plate open. It is generally associated with backfiring upon reacceleration, and occasional desiling.

Adjust the idle speed screw by loosening the jam nut and backing the screw all the way out. Then tighten it untill it just kisses the throttle plate. Turn the screw in 1/4 turn, and tighten jam nut.
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
Danley Motorsports
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
First off, welcome to the forum!

Your problem sounds like a stretched throttle cable. The pedal micro switch should click before the throttle plate on the carb should move. It is a simple adjustment just to remove slack from the cable. Someone with a newer cart may be able to help you out with step by step directions.
Thanks, I'll look at this in the morning. Shouldn't be too hard to adjust.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
Danley Motorsports
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-0 View Post
I would like to recommend adjusting the idle speed screw on the carb. If they are set incorrectly they will hold the throttle plate open. It is generally associated with backfiring upon reacceleration, and occasional desiling.

Adjust the idle speed screw by loosening the jam nut and backing the screw all the way out. Then tighten it untill it just kisses the throttle plate. Turn the screw in 1/4 turn, and tighten jam nut.
This is one of the first things that I checked. It was set dead on. ... Thanks for the response
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

I know this is going to sound unrelated but its been my experience that if you run a shorter belt it lessen this effect and make throttle response much more controllable. There are a few posts on the shorter belt already, check those out and if you decide to try that, check and make sure you don't already have one on your cart.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
Danley Motorsports
Not Yet Wild

mb523 ... right on the money Spent a few minutes just now and it's 10 times better. I adjusted the throttle cable to the govenor and between the govenor and carb (the flexiable turn buckel deal). Now, I've just got to fine tune it. At least I'm on the right track now.

ruredy ... from what I've been reading about the short belt, it will be on by the end of the week.

milo ... did the NAPA here in town have the short belt?

Thanks for your help guys !
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Glad to be of help!
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
milo32000
Not Yet Wild

Nope, but they had it the next day, NAPA # is 6098, it works great,

Milo
milo32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO