lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2001 CC performace dropoff

CCJ, you try the loose gas cap yet?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

I have found this on gas carts with the same symptoms you are having....try turning any of the fuel lines with your fingers...if they turn easy they maybe getting air and in that case they won't pull or pump fuel.....I have replaced all the factory fuel clamps with the regular automotive type and the problem went away. Just a thought...
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #23
tonlee98
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post

Lord I apoligize to tonlee98........ and all the little pigmees down in new guinea.

Thats funny right there.....don't care who you are.
tonlee98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
Big Bump
Getting Wild

Check this out. From your carb there is a small clear plastic
tube that runs toward the front passenger side and goes
thru a hole in the frame. I have had those small dirt daubbers
stop that hose up, and I had the same problem you are having.
The factory puts a little plastic crossplug in to keep stuff from
getting in and clogging it but those little buggers will stop that
up also.
Big Bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
CCJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: 2001 CC performace dropoff

thanks for all of the ideas.

no rush of air when loosening the fuel cap, no change when running with a loose cap.

have blown air back down the carb vent tube, it didn't seem to be clogged.

have been paying more attention and it gets worse with more of a load. my wife and youngest son can ride with only the rare issue. the three of us can only take a rides of a couple of miles before it starts crappin' out, and with four on it is only good for rides of about half of that.

the other day the outside temp was pushing 100 and it (the cart) was a 100% female dog to get back home. had to choke it pretty much the last mile or so to get it home. normally i can choke it for 10 or 20 yards and it will pick back up.

could the fuel issue be related to the pump not getting a good 'pulse' from the engine? could something internal like a piston ring issue cause the 'pulse' to be weak? i've got a vague idea of how the 'pulse' fuel pump works but i'm not sure enough to rule something like that out.

thanks again!
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #26
CCJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: 2001 CC performance dropoff

looks like my thread has faded, but something just occoured to me. where is the air in the fuel filters coming from? the pickup in the tank is sitting in the fuel, the other end is connected to the carb and it doesn't seem like air should be able to get in the fuel line that way...

i've got automotive clamps to replace the spring clamps, and the compression tester for that, now i just need the time...
Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
00 mod
Not Yet Wild

Just an idea as i have no others except what everyone else has said! Is it possible you have the fuel filters on backwards? Im not sure if that can affect carts, but i know it will on inline filters for race cars!
Jeff
00 mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #28
CCJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Re: 2001 CC performace dropoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 mod View Post
Just an idea as i have no others except what everyone else has said! Is it possible you have the fuel filters on backwards? Im not sure if that can affect carts, but i know it will on inline filters for race cars!
Jeff
thanks for the idea, jeff, anything is possible!

i have checked them, several times, and all the arrows are pointing the right way. i even replaced them early on in this process just in case there was a crack or such in one of them. i've replaced half of the spring clamps on the fuel lines with screw-clamps, i'm trying anything at this point!

my compression check showed 70-80 psi cold, anyone know if that is within specs? the threads i found asking about compression never seem to get a straight answer!!!

the problem persists...
Old 08-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

I know those numbers are cold, but that seems awfully low even for cold. It should be well over 100. Even cold I have seen 150 - 160.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
CCJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahag9er View Post
I know those numbers are cold, but that seems awfully low even for cold. It should be well over 100. Even cold I have seen 150 - 160.
hmmmmmm thanks for the info yamahag9er, i'll investigate this further...

if this is the issue, is there someone that rebuilds the engines or should i do the 'exchange' thing. i think i've seen one of the site sponsors that offers those. i'd really like to up my 290 for a 350!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car