lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Default Where is the engine kill wire on the FE280 motor?

ERRR I mean 290,

I see a black wire coming out where the RPM limiter used to be is that it?

It connects to the Lower Micro switch that is tripped by the gas pedal right? So its supposed to kill the engine when the switch is closed is that correct?

Or am I in left field here?
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where is the engine kill wire on the FE280 motor?

If that's an FE 290 I looked at the diagram for you. The kill wire should be black and white. The rev limiter has a ground and the kill wire (the one oyu see, when it hits the kill rpm it closes a switch to ground and stops the spark by grounding. The pedal switch is a three way switch, meaning, when you let off the pedal the switch goes to ground, when you press the pedal the circuit is complete and goes to the neutral lockout and then the key sw. (if the lock out is closed) That wire, the kill wire, is basically the ignition coil ground wire. When it goes to ground, the engine stops. If it's an FE 280, I can't help you....
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
mjrowley
Gone Wild

OK I hope it works as it doesn't shut of sometimes (garage door has a small dent in it) .

I got it wired up, fingers crossed!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Simply put .... The bottom microswitch at the accelerator peddle is a Normally Closed switch. It is the neg ground wire circuit to kill the engine... You could be having an intermittent failing solenoid problem?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, like Scotty said, if it doesn't turn off you have another problem. It should ground out at the pedal, the neutral lockout, and/or the key. I can read a diagram but, have little hands on with the CC'c, it more than likely is a solenoid. Scotty knows the CC's.
Maybe, you should have phrased that question a little different. I didn't know you ran into the door. You need that fixed
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Simply put .... The bottom microswitch at the accelerator peddle is a Normally Closed switch. It is the neg ground wire circuit to kill the engine... You could be having an intermittent failing solenoid problem?
Wire was not hooked up.

Traced the white/black wire till it just stopped hooked it up to the black wire under the motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car