lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
decipher
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Driven Clutch

no need to be testy around here.... Geese maby you all need to go to Time Out!
decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #22
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Mine didn't hit the rev limiter. It definately bounced off the governor until i bypassed it. My g9 did at least 25 mph on flat road and seemed fine with whatever clutch was in it. It had both sets of ramp shoes and the spring did not preload. I sold that machine and now I have a g1. The secondary clutch on the g1 looks identical to what was on my g9.
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The G1 secondary clutch, with a stationary spring (meaning preload is in the spring, just like a torque spring upgrade) feesibly should work, you wouldn't need the sliding sheave with the "ramp shoes" though. The G1's used the engine to reverse to create f/r, so the "ramps "cushioned" metal to metal contact on the spring seat and sliding sheave. The 4 cycle engines can't be run "backwards", therefore they encorparated f/r gears internally in the differential. Not trying to sound like a "know it all", just wanted to help in understanding the situation. Good luck Dave
So how would it shift?

Sure they are nearly the same thing. I would not up and recommend it without testing it, because if the shifting is off some you will go slower. When I modded a G1 I always raced it against another G1 to see if it went faster or slower, etc. That way I knew, and I do the same thing with my G9 or against a gps. Having done clutching with sleds for years, I know it is easier to go slower than faster. Sure a cart is not anything as sensitive as a sled, just the same it has to shift right to get that 9hp to the rear wheel otherwise you get 8 or 7 or whatever....is all I am saying. The cart may function at 7hp output, but its not right. There is a tiny chance it would be faster with the wrong clutch, but I doubt it.

If you just want the cart to go and don't care how fast, fine try it. But until it is proven to perform well I would not tell someone 'its great do it'.

All that said, this is a diy forum you can set the thing on fire for all we care. We just offer to help those with questions.

To get all technical I don't think the G1 has that different of a powerband than the G9, and with a G9 primary odds are there is not that much difference in how the secondary would shift so as to make the cart work poorly. It just might not work the best.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha