lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
RobRoy
Not Yet Wild

Default Resistor?

Electric 36 volt EZ Go. Tested across the battery pak = 37.9 volts (New Batteries). Tested to battery side of solenoid = 37.9 volts. Tested to controller side of solenoid = 4.2 volts. All connections OK. Is this a resistor problem? Where is it located? Solenoid problem maybe? Thanks for the help. I am a newbie to this forum and to the world of electric buggies.
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
RobRoy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Resistor?

Oops. Error in first post. Apparently with the brake locked on the solenoid is not energized. I bumped the accelerator pedal to knock off the brake and now I get 36.9 V on the Controller side of the solenoid as the initial reading.

The problem I am having is that the cart runs fine on flat ground but has a very difficult time going up an incline. It is extremely slow and requires that I traverse the incline to get up. Also it smells "hot" after a climb. Perhaps because there is a lift kit and "knobby" tires on the cart my controller can't produce enough power for low end torque?

Do I need a stronger controller module? The one I have in the cart is a Curtis PMC P/N 25864G05 and S/N 2168-P129002.

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller, solenoid, cables, and F&R (series carts) need to be upgraded when larger tires are run. Some guys even upgrade the cart's voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
RobRoy
Not Yet Wild

DO I need to post the tire size to know which upgrades I need? Upgrading the wiring is no problem but how do I know which solenoid/controller to get? Where is the best place to get the parts? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

From my website, I try to help people add up all the determining factors which make up the selection equation .... Not only tire size but other options like terrain and load need to be factored in...
Check out the selection process at http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO