lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #11
slainte
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle muffler repacking

Hi there
I used a packing from a 4 stroke motor bike I had a ktm 525 And when that packing was burnt away and needed the packing replaced it was super loud as was my cart before replacing the packing I would not suggest you run it without it.
The packing also helps with compression and performance
Defiantly replace .I can see what they are saying about burning it clean but that would be more to get rid of oil deposits I wouldn't burn rather open and clean the old packing out .
Just remember to spray water when you weld it back together keep it cool so it doesn't burn the new packing to badly .

I think the new ones are just expensive because of supply and demand .you could look at aftermarket ones if you in the state's unfortunately for me in south Africa that wasn't an option with exorbitant shipping fees

Good luck and let us know how it goes post some pictures

Cheers Logan
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
1989, exhaust, ezgo gas, muffler
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO