lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: can bad front leaf spring cause the rear to lean also?

I'm having trouble getting the nuts of of the front leaf springs. The nuts are just spinning the entire bolt, but I can't find where the top of the bolt is to put another wrench on it? Do i need to take out the floor and dash, etc? The are the bolts and nuts underneath the driver/passenger, not the ones under the axle
ezgojohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

remove the chrome strips at the sides of the floor mat. That will let you lift the mat and get to the tops of the bolts. Do not remove any of your dash parts.
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Thank You
Old 03-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

While you have the front springs out look at the frame everywhere around the spring mounting location. It is possible the cart hit something and bent the frame near the spring mount. If there is any damage to the frame it should be obvious. I discovered this type of damage on my cart when I first started building it. If there is damage you will need to determine the best way to repair the damage.

Like others have said on here, I would take the front springs off and lay them next to each other on level ground. If there is a bend in either spring other than what is supposed to be there you will see it. If the springs are the same try installing them on opposite sides of the original location and checking for cart lean.

Check the rear spring mounts also for damage. Make sure that when the rear springs were replaced the installer did not modify anything that could alter the ride height.
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for everyone's help. I swapped the front leaf springs, and unfortunately I don't see a difference in the lean to the drivers side. I guess the next thing is to check the rear springs and possibly swap them. I did look around the mounts, and I did not see any damage to the area.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Easy way to check if it a spring issue is to measure from the top of the axle to the bottom of the frame on both sides. If the measurement is the same, it's likely a body issue and not a spring issue....saves you from pulling it all apart.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #17
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

thanks Kudaman, i will check that first.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO