lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default Ezgo jacobson 1110 hauler belt question

I just bought a project... the previous owner removed the motor and got a honda 16hp to put in it. does the motor need to be mounted with slack on the belt or tight? I know you will have to start the engine like a mower when im done but if its in gear it will be tring to move all the time right? i can start in neutral and put it in forward but if I try to stop it would just kill the engine?? also i dont think it would shift back to reverse from forward wile running very easy. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great thanks.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo jacobson 1110 hauler belt question

Does it still have a CVT setup or just regular pulleys? If it's pulleys you'll have to mount a swinging spring loaded tensioner in place of a clutch. If it's trying to drive all the time your going to mash the gearbox just shifting on the fly. If it still has the CVT setup then the drive belt should ride low in the drive clutch and high in the driven clutch when it's sitting still. There will be some flop in the belt since the clutches will grab it when they engage.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
thetucks
Gone Wild

It does still have the cvt setup. The previous guy had the belt tight. I took the motor off today and made new mounts and moved it back so there is slack in the belt. It works ok now. I can hold the brake while stoped in gear and the belt stops spinning like I think it is suppoe to. I may have to work on the motor a bit thought because it dont idle real good. when I try to turn the idle down it just dies.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
thetucks
Gone Wild

I started a thread in the clone section....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...questions.html
Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The belt has a slack. Its very similar to an EZGO Workhorse.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO