lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #11
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: This would be a unique swap

It would definitely be good for that but I already have a couple trailers. I'd like a Gator style machine that's easy to manoeuvre w/hyd dump. Tried it on the 3pt hitch on a couple tractors. The Ford 800 doesn't even know it's back there but it's too big and heavy for yard work.

The John Deere can lift it but it maxes out about 400 lbs so not much cargo capacity.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #12
JRL
Gone Wild

I see a Gator in your future.
Nice 'tars on that 800.
I got a box on my EZGo that can be useful, but it's nothing like that yerfdog. Golf cart isn't up to that unless as a trailer. I've about quit adding to additional "engines"...too much to maintain. Have a JD2040, and it's OK for yardwork IF its dry. It'll destroy any finished yard or pasture if wet. Loader is way too handy. Here in NC it's too wet to do anything in the fields.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #13
JRL
Gone Wild

BTW. You might find the powerplant in my cart interesting..what with your interests...750 Kaw Brute Force in a KVF700 chassis. 4x4, lo/hi, auto, rev, anoyt 70 mph.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #14
JRL
Gone Wild

Golf cart garage. About time to get these things dusted off....if the 'virus don't shut everthing down..[emoji40][emoji849]

Old 03-13-2020, 06:47 AM   #15
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

70 mph? Holy moly. My EZGO would be in a ditch doing a turtle impression. It will run about 20 mph but it gets squirrely above 15 mph. The steering is actually really tight but I still don't like the way it handles and the rear drum brakes are pretty much useless above that speed.

I definitely like that JD loader. I share a Ford 4000 that has a bucket on it with my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
I've about quit adding to additional "engines"...too much to maintain.
I'm well past that point. Just the oil changes and tune-ups alone require financial planning.

That 750 swap is very cool! Nice work there. How did you stretch it? I pretty much like anything that's modified or is a 'one of'. I have several projects on the go that fit that category, including a little 5.0 '96 Splash.

The engine is out of a 1990 Mustang I bought new. Unfortunately the car came to an untimely end but I kept the EFI 5.0, 5 speed and all related parts. Has GT 40 heads now and a stock cam/bottom end. I only put the better heads on it because half the header bolts broke off on the stock heads. I'm not looking for a lot of power. The stock 225 HP my Mustang had would be plenty. The Splash will have the same basic lifestyle as my golf cart (and 65 year old me). Slow and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
BTW. You might find the powerplant in my cart interesting..what with your interests...750 Kaw Brute Force in a KVF700 chassis. 4x4, lo/hi, auto, rev, anoyt 70 mph.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:35 AM   #16
JRL
Gone Wild

This gives an idea of of his the frame evolved.
Grafted the two ends of the ATV onto the cart frame. That's the only reason it can be driven at the speeds it's capable of doing. I don't do it. The top isn't up to it.
Top off and it's a little sports car. Very stable. The ATVs are also stable at road speed. Relatively sophisticated suspension.
I see several cool projects in the pics....'40-50s Ford truck in background. I had s 3/4 ton with a 'crunch-O-matic' 4 speed. Pre-synchronizers. Never tore it up. Used it quite a bit.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps