lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil Pressure Guage For 295cc

Information Needed.
My 2006 EZGO TXT with the infamous 295cc 4 cycle engine has the dash package with the Fuel guage, Oil Pressure Light, etc. The oil pressure light comes on for a brief second when the engine starts. Light and wiring shows in the photo here.

I'm going to install a 12 volt Volt Meter guage in a dash panel I made to fit in the slot (area) where the radio goes. This panel will have two (2) 2-1/16" hole cut-outs for the Volt Meter, plus a hole for a Oil Pressure guage. That is if such thing can be installed.

So, has anyone here installed a Oil Pressure guage on a gas golf cart?
If so, can I use the same two wires on the oil light for the guage?

Thanks in advance for the information.
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Ol Jake
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Lightbulb Re: Oil Pressure Guage For 295cc

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is no. The red wire is simply a hot wire to the light and the white wire that goes to the pressure switch on the motor, is the ground that's only grounded when there is 'No Pressure'.

If you went with an electric guage, you would need the correct sending unit for that guage. Then you could use the red wire to power it, but the sending unit in that case would be it's own ground.

If you go with a mechanical guage, you would run the tubing from where the current sending unit is located to the guage and no wires would be required.

I have read of some having problems with the mechanical guages not reading very accurately on these engines, but have no direct experience myself.

Hope that helps shed some light on your question.....
Ol Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Oil Pressure Guage For 295cc

There is a electrical sending fitting screwed into the engine housing. It has one wire going from the sending unit to the red light unit on the dash. The other is a 12 volt wire for power.

From the "silent" expert here on the infamous "tin can" 295cc engine, I will say, the present sending unit and power wire will work on the 2" Voltmeter guage without any modifications.
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO