lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Anti/Roll or Sway Bar

I have a G-20 Yamaha Limo thats lifted with a Jakes L/T and I have added Progressive coil overs on the rear. The tires are 6 ply D O T, I do not have a rear facing seat and not going to add one.

My question is are there anyone on here that has bought or made a sway bar- anti roll bar for there cart. I drive mine on the road every day and feel it would make a huge difference in handling if it had one on it. I don't off road so I'm not really worried about the articulation. I am very familiar with the one's on cars and trucks also drag cars but at 200.00 to 300.00 they are out of my reach.

Thanks for any help you might give, LURCH!!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anti/Roll or Sway Bar

The biggest "Handling-Killer" on Yamahas' is the pivot at the front of the swing-arm.It gives the cart a "semi-independent" type of suspension and a great ride,but handling suffers,especially when lifted.They sway alot.One way that would help,would be to mount the shocks at the rear of the swing-arm angled towards the center of the cart at the top.That would cause them to help resist the rolling to some extent.A sway-bar could be made-up,probably not too expensive either.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

You can build one with a piece of 1 inch Chromoly tube but by the time you buy Heims and other hardware you can get an Anti-roll bar off eBay just as cheap.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Look at Speedway Motors,They have sway-bar and Radius-Rod Tubing,tapped Lh/Rh,in 1"-increments pretty cheap,Heims are cheap from them too,they have them from economy to spare-no-expense grades!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I just missed one we had to take off of a 8 second Pro Charged Mustang, just my luck. I have all sizes of Chromoly tubing and can get all other pieces needed at a local wholesale speed shop. I was hoping to get to see some pictures of how some of you guys have designed yours. Just to have something to look at and go by.
With the way the swing arm, shocks and track locator are mounted to the rear end housing there's just not a lot of room.

Thanks, LURCH!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have one that came off a 2004 Club Car Villager 6. PM me if you are interested.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

E-Mail address sent for pic's!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
bboyter
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Someone post a pic of an anti sway bar.
bboyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I wondered if you could mount a smaller leaf spring on the front of the cradle, some kind of bracket to connect to the frame...to help lessen the roll. Or build a shock or mount there with a pack of hockey pucks in it/etc., that worked as the cradle rotated. I've also heard of people making links on each side so its a 3 link sort of, and say that cuts the roll down. They looked cool, like ladder bars, but not knowing how much difference they made. Then they can also trash the bar across the back.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts