lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #41
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Inside An MCOR 01-04 DS

Shucks!! that would've been a neat fix! lol

Thanks yellow
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2015, 04:39 PM   #42
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

So, my MCORII was acting up and I decided to take it apart as well. I used a hacksaw and pretty much followed the exact same procedure as described above and found "sand" inside it. Cleaned it up, re-greased it, re-installed and it's good as new.
I did remove the shaft and found that the return spring didn't have as much tension as I anticipated, so it was pretty easy to reassemble. Silicone and wire ties and we're back to cruising! Thanks for sharing the great write-up
Nifrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #43
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshred View Post
To open this up without breaking it....
I used a Rockwell Sonic cutting tool. I installed the thinnest curved blade. I put the MCOR in a wood vice so that when the blade was resting on the vice, it would cut just below the glued seam. Be careful cutting around the curved portion as you don't want to cut into the POT shaft. There is a glued pin on each side of the shaft, so be sure to cut deep enough to cut them but not the shaft!!! Carefully pop apart!
The contact pins must be desoldered from the PCB in order to lift it out. You can also desolder the switch posts at this time also. Lift the PCB out and unscrew the switch from the PCB.
It has some sort of dielectric grease on the wiper and PCB surface, so it will need to be cleaned off and recoated after changing the switch.
The switch I ordered should be here the middle of next week. I will post pics of the repaired MCOR.
Switch with shipping: $35

What is a; "Rockwell sonic cutting tool"? how does it cut?..I have every kind of cutting tool in my shop . but alas........not one of these? any help
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #45
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Off topic a little, but go with the DeWalt. I also have that one, and it is extremely handy.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #46
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

thank you bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #47
www3rd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Will the mcor cause the cart to not move at all? mine you can also push with key on in run mode
www3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #48
NoBullBarry
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like it would be easier to just put a new one in.
NoBullBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #49
Joe Crow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshred View Post
I was trouble shooting my CC DS today and found the MCOR to be the problem. After much research, I see that this is a problem part on these carts. I figured being the machinist I am, I'd take this thing apart to see if it might be repairable... It can be done. I am going to get a used one but try to fix this one to have as a spare.

Just curious if that was how the solder joints looked initially when you cut it open. Looks pretty ratty. I have a DS that intermittently will not run - solenoid clicks, but the controller is not getting a throttle signal - I know this because I have an All-Trax AXE that has an indicator for W/O throttle and it just stays green (on and ready) when it won't run. It can sit for a few hours or overnight and then it will run again - Controller indicator shows W/O throttle when it runs (yellow) frustrating because I can't seem to nail it, and when it does fail, I don't have anything with me to test with LOL. It is either the MCOR or the All-Trax - at least I have it narrowed to that. If that is the typical solder job, I wonder if it is a cold joint in the MCOR causing this.
Joe Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #50
Briar
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK Guys, 2 1/2 years later, how are those repaired MCOR's working out?
Still good or did you finally have to replace them?
Briar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car