lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Onebean
Not Yet Wild

Default Any opinions on lift kits for 2000 Club Car?

I'm looking at a Jakes double A arm lift. I think I want to run 23 x 10.5 x 12 wheel/tire combo. I don't want to get the cart too tall, because I need to be able to get it into my trailer. There doesn't seem to be much difference visually between the 4" and 6" in pictures. What brand and type of lift is your favorite and why? Do the double A arm lifts improve the ride and increase the suspension travel? Is everybody's kit basically the same? I see some come with a new rack and pinion. Is that a big plus? What is the difference between the double a arm lift and the long travel suspension? Smooth ride and and easy to drive are high on my list. My budget is around $1000 for lift and tires. Help me out. I'm going to pick up my cart in the morning. I can hardly wait.

Onebean
Onebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any opinions on lift kits for 2000 Club Car?

i have installed many different brand lifts. Jakes makes a great lift probably top of the list imho. if you want the best ride the long travel works great but you pay for it. to run 23" with no issues i would go 6" lift.
hope that helps and congrats on the cart;0)
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Im not sure what size trailer you have, but if it doesnt have at least a 6' opening, dont bother with a 6" lift and 23s. Assuming you have a canopy on it!!
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I run the Allsports 6" double A-arm lift and 22.5" tires. I ride offroad 90% of the time. Love it.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car