lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #21
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: knocking sound coming from the rear end

Since oil in pan looks good, pretty much eliminates rear end from cause.
Fact that noise has increased with time..
Everything, includeing leaf spring mounts, cracked spring,,loose shocks, ect. Be the problem.
Cart setting still if you grap rear hard top support can you make it rattle?
Can you rock cart back and forth and duplicate sound?
Just tossing out ideas to help identify noise😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: knocking sound coming from the rear end

I couldn't really make out any metal shavings on your pic, but you said it was there. If you have slop between the male and female splined connection, I'd think that's what you are hearing. If that's the case, seems like you'd not hear it under load, and mainly while coasting? Do you have the rubber bumper in the motor end? Might help with noise. If there is slop on the splined connection, I would probably try and shim it. I'd probably try and use very fine wire, located at least three places.

My rear end makes noise after replacing every bearing and seal, due to old age. Mine sounds different than yours, but it may be the same, since your phone microphone may not be the best. I'd describe mine more as a moan or whine, while yours sounds more like knocking, if I recall.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO