lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
SoFlyLikeAG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default YDRE sparked, now nothing works

Last week I went to move my YDRE and when I hit the gas pedal I heard a spark from under the seat and I saw a little bit of smoke. I pulled the seat off and saw two wires on the positive terminal welded together. Nothing works. I am far from a being an electrician. My first thought is it would be the solenoid since I don't hear it click. I just replaced it this morning and nothing changed. No clicks, reverse buzzer does not sound....nothing. I checked the fuse and it looks good. Any ideas?
SoFlyLikeAG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
SoFlyLikeAG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: YDRE sparked, now nothing works

Nothing??? Come on guys
Old 09-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Get out your volt meter and check all of your battery connections all the way from negative to positive on the solenoid.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
SoFlyLikeAG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have 49.3 volts total on my 4 12 volt batteries. I have 49.1 volts to the solenoid battery side and 49.1 volts to both small posts. 0 volts on the other solenoid post (controller side) with the pedal depressed and up. 49.0 volts to the key switch and the same to the run/tow switch. I jacked the rear wheels off of the ground, tapped the motor and that did not make any difference.

My uneducated guess at this point is a bad controller. Before I spend that kind of money, does anyone have any other things I should check?
Old 09-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If there is a precharge resistor across the solenoid, you should not get zero volts on the controller side (to battery negative) If you get no reverse buzzer and you have voltage to the key switch both sides when it's in the on position, then it sounds like a bad controller. I recommend going with Alltrax if you replace the controller rather than a replacement of the Moric that you probably have in there now. They are known to be prone to failure.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #6
Peth0201
Getting Wild
Yamaha

You have likely blown out your controller if the buzzer isn't working. I just went through this (bad terminal post shorted out and welded everything). I had a duplicate cart so I was able to swap parts. Last part I swapped was the controller... sure enough that is what went out. Solenoid and everything else was fine.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I would upgrade... cartsunlimited.net has great aftermarket controllers that you can purchase. You will get more torque and speed.
Peth0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
SoFlyLikeAG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It was the controller. I am back up and running. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha