lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
brendon1980
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo mci 295 throttle and accelerator adjustment

i have a 2004 ezgo that has very little power on take off. After its up to speed it has full power. we have replaced the carb, both clutches and the throttle cable because of stretch. We have adjusted the valves and the motor has good compression. I believe i have the adjustment on the throttle and accelerator cable out of whack. What cable should i adjust first? Any tips or tricks to get both cables working together? I have spent hours on trying to get this right.. thanks
brendon1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo mci 295 throttle and accelerator adjustment

There should be a cable that runs from the pedal to the governor, then another cable that runs from the governor to the carb. The should work in unison. With a governor, there is some lag though because it won't let you have full throttle whenever you want. It uses an internal flyweight type setup that holds the throttle back based on ground speed.

Have you tried to disconnect the cables and work the carb by hand? I usually will put the cart up on jack stands and run it that way to see what kind of rpm I can run and what the clutches are doing. Basically verifying the carb and engine do what they should independent of the cables/governor.

Then I'll hook the cables back up and watch them in action to see what they do and compare. If the action is not the same, back off the adjuster all the way one way and try again. Do the opposite. It's something you just have to play with. Another thing you can do is tighten the governor spring down more, this will give you more throttle.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO