lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
Mcnasty323
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 ds to IQ or solid state build

Hey guys! Long time reader but new to posting.

Picked up a 1984 ds with intentions on completely rebuilding it. I finally got it to bare frame today and going to start cleaning it. I have an all sports ss 7.5" lift on the way. The transaxle and motor seem to work fine but with it being male 16 spline I don't have many options if any for upgrades and not sure how long it will hold up. I am going to upgrade it to 48v. I had my mind set on solid state conversion but than I came across the IQ conversion on scottyb carts unlimited. They are pretty similar in price so not sure on what route to take. I found a complete transaxle from I think a 2004 with the stock motor ej4-4001 IQ on it. Would that be my best option to buy the rearend and either use that motor with the conversion or at least that rearend with a new motor? Thanks for all the help and I'll keep pictures posted of the progress of the build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.4 KB, 0 views)
Mcnasty323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2021, 03:03 PM   #2
Mcnasty323
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 84 ds to IQ or solid state build

Here's a picture of where I'm at now with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I suggest you call David at Revolution Golf Cars, he can answer your questions about the best upgrade path for you and your 84 DS.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have had 100% customer satisfaction with the new IQ conversion kit since introduction this spring of 2021. The kit is 100% plug and play.
It includes a wire harness, cable set, motor, throttle, controller, solenoid, the works. You literally bolt it on and plug it in. And boom - you're done. 22-23mph on stock tires. 25-27 on bigger tires.
All you need to have is a rolling chassis and a key-switch. You can see more info here > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/iq-conversion.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:16 PM   #5
greg-g
Gone Wild

I wouldn't even bother considering you can go AC for that price or less
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #6
Mcnasty323
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions! Just picked up 2000-2005 transaxle today, hoping it is in good working condition. Once I get the frame cleaned up and lift on than I’ll go ahead and order one of the kits for the power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car