lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
imagine760
Not Yet Wild

Question My cart has no power up even the smallest of hills

I just purchased an older Yamaha Electric golf cart. It starts off real slow and has problems going up the slightest of grades or hills. I can't even make it up my drive way. I checked all the batteries and they all hold at least 6 volts when charged. I tested the volts going into the motor and with the pedal pushed in slightly it gets about 17 from one terminal and 10 from the other on the motor itself. When pushing the pedal all the way down it drops to 5 and 5. I don't know much about golf carts. Is the motor shot or is there something i can do to fix or test??

Thanks
imagine760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: My cart has no power up even the smallest of hills

Forget how you are testing right now, and test the batteries under a load, post those numbers. What model Yamaha?
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Forget how you are testing right now, and test the batteries under a load, post those numbers. What model Yamaha?
How do you test under load? I thought that is what he's doing??
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
imagine760
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: My cart has no power up even the smallest of hills

The Model number on the engine is MT360-06. The actual cart looks like its about 10 years old. It has all the bells and whistles, horn, blinkers, brakes lights, hazards, radio, cig lighter. I thought I did test the load but maybe not??? How do i do that?? I checked each one of the cables going to the coil and it seems they are all transfering power. About 5 volts or more threw each cable. It really looks like the power is making it to the motor. I could be wrong? Any advice?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
rib33024

Welcome to bgw

take a readind of the whole battery pack-- POS -- bat #1 and NEG--bat #6--Where your cables hook up to your batteries from the charger, it should be over 36V
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
imagine760
Not Yet Wild

I took a reading of the whole battery pack it reads over 36 volts. 36.7. I'm gonna replace all the wires with a 4 gauge wire, but I really think the motor is getting the power, that is if when i test the load, (push the pedal all the way down) it is normal to see the numbers drop to 5 volts and 5 volts to the terminals on the motor. I really hope its not the motor. Is this a sign that the motor is shot? Or would it not move at all?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
pansser
ZONE FREE ZONE

E-Z-GO

your batts are junk. get a full charge on them and wait about an hour then check them. leave the meeter hooked up and check it while moving( this is under load) let us know what those readings are.
pansser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Another way to simulate testing under load, as mentioned before, hook your volt meter to the battery set (36 volt positive and negative posts), jack up the rear of the car , push on the pedal and look for battery drop. You can also aply the brake and really get a load reading (just like driving the car). I would say you have a battery/batteries problem. How old are the batteries? Date codes are stamped into the lead terminals ,will have a letter and number for the month and year manufactured. What brand are the batteries? Just one bad battery can cause this and other driveability problems. Good luck on your test results.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

fully charged should be at 42v charge drive or try to then re ck every batt individually,should be over 6 v if under its bad, u have to ck each one by its self to find the bad one
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
sidestreets
Not Yet Wild

How do you test the solenoids?
sidestreets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loss, power, slow start uphills, slow uphill
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha