lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 83 cylinder head mill

I will have to do some digging on the comet spring, but the yellow spring that was in it you could compress completely between your thumb 1st two fingers. The comet spring had twice the wire thickness and takes two hands to compress half way.My car will start and idle, and somewhere in the 6 to 800rpm higher engagement.A little slower shift rate gets the rpms up before it shifts. Lets the engine make power before it has to work. Floor it and rpms stay steady through the entire shift. That's a pretty good cut on the head. These engines are very low compression compared to other two strokes.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the feed back! The pink looks like 48lb .. or so. I'm waiting on a clutch to come in the mail, so i'll check it out when it gets here. I'll probably pick up the pink to start if it doesent have one close to it, thanks to your advice I think the head will be fine with about .065 clearance, I want it tighter but not gonna get greedy, its not like I have a spare like I would if it were a Zuma or something. I've done a few toy bikes in the past so i'm not too unfamiliar with it Next I need to find a tad bit bigger carb!!!!
Vavoomskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 88 carb is 24mm yours is 18mm, the 88 will bolt right up.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
Ya,, I still have the stock bv18 it's in great shape! I made a new throttle shaft for it a while back. Is yours a Mic, or an aftermarket? I've heard that the aftermarket one can be kinda sucky..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Another question,, a lot of the carb's I see on line for the 88 have a port on the side with 2 threaded holes and a round port in the middle.... is that the norm? is it a vacuum port? does yours have it? extra info on this would be great before I go -N- buy one
Old 01-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know what you are looking at for carbs, but the bv24 looks exactly like the one you have, other than the larger bowl and venturi. A genuine mikuni bv24 will be around 170 bucks unless you can find a good used one. The 88 muffler is also bolt on and gives a performance increase. Shop the ezgo shops for that carb, don't go for the ebay junk,not saying ebay only sells junk, but I have gotten some bad top end kits made in India from ebay.The Indian kits the ports were the wrong size and in the wrong location compared to stock. The reed cage wouldn't fit without grinding the port and they made bad power.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool! I'll look for a carb, The ones on Ebay may just have a goofy picture.. So you don't recommend a $90 ebay carb?.. I'm sure I can make it right with some TLC and jeting Any ways... Here are some pix of a bit of jug porting I dod today. Do ya think this is a China jug? it's pretty rough....

Before:
[IMG][/IMG]
After:
[IMG][/IMG]
And a pic of my "DEAD" Clutch,, Cant wait to get one that isn't all wavy!..

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #18
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Porting looks good, that's how I do them. With the 24 mm carb, you need to remove the mtg. stud toward the front of the car and replace it with a screw as the factory did. There won't be enough room to put a wrench on the mtg. nut due to the larger carb body.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will have to do some digging on the comet spring, but the yellow spring that was in it you could compress completely between your thumb 1st two fingers. The comet spring had twice the wire thickness and takes two hands to compress half way.My car will start and idle, and somewhere in the 6 to 800rpm higher engagement.A little slower shift rate gets the rpms up before it shifts. Lets the engine make power before it has to work. Floor it and rpms stay steady through the entire shift. That's a pretty good cut on the head. These engines are very low compression compared to other two strokes.
My new clutch arrived! Looks like it has a Black spring in it,, about a 85lb'er 6 pucks have 1" weights and 3 are light plastic only. So the good news is I can run it and if I need a lower shift rate I can lighten 3 pucks at a time
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
Vavoomskill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update.. With the head milled the compression went from 110 to 135 Hot. I'm dig-in it It runs good! No test drive yet .... but soon. Then its clutch tuning time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO