lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 stroke ezgo problem

I am working on 2pg robins motor. Completed top rebuild good compression. The plug will fire out of block but didn't seem to fire under compression. Pulled plug, put dummy plug in block and only get intermittent spark. Any ideas? New battery.
boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2 stroke ezgo problem

What do you mean 'dummy plug'?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

I screwed in plug that was not connected and tested fire from connected plug while grounded to muffler. It throws good spark while not under compression, motor spinning faster, but with when under compression and spinning slower it infrequently sparks and not as strong. Motor seems to be spinning fast enough to start but it's not. I can put booster on and it will fire right up and runs good.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I would test the battery and check all your connections.You may have bad grounds,causing the ignition to be intermittent,then a weak-battery on top of it,just makes it worse.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

What kind of battery is in it? Ratings?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

New battery, 650 ca I believe. Replaced old battery because of same issue. Gonna go through all the connections in the morning, see if that helps. My first time messing with golf cart, Lol... using it as father son build and trying to walk 12yr old through while figuring it out myself. Thanks for help.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Grounding is a known issue with the 2PG. If you follow the battery negative to the chassis you will see the ground point. Remove the nut and clean the chassis to bare metal, also clean the cable lugs. It is important that there is a ground strap from this point to the engine block or the engine will try to ground anyway it can, like the choke cable. With the spark plug out the engine requires a lot less amps to turn over so the effects of a poor ground are minimized.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
boondocker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for help fellows. Cleaned connections. Guy who had owned before me ran small wire from battery to frame. Changed that and cleaned everything else fires right up. Ready to ride. We got about four inches of rain last night do should be fun... thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO