lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech
Ezgo Gas Tech Resource info, wiring diagrams and how to's for Gas powered EZGO golf carts

Old 10-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
Tuco
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Removing an EZGO clutch

New to the forum. I have posted this question on two others but they don't seem as detailed as this groups forum. I have a 1995 EZGO with a 295. I am in the middle of an engine replacement, bored 295 from Motors and More, and have the engine out. I am down to removing the clutch. The folks I bought the motor from loaned me a puller so I have the handled. The problem I am having is removing the center bolt to start with. I have sprayed some penetrating oil on it and in what appears to be whole to either vent moisture or use for lubricating. Hope I have not done damage with the oil. I can not seem to break the bolt loose. I don't have an impact wrench. Any suggestions?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Have someone hold the clutch and use a breaker bar? When I don't have an impact wrench or breaker bar handy, I slide a piece of pipe over the handle of another ratchet and use it for more leverage.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #13
Tuco
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The threads are not reverse are they. Funny question but would rather ask now.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
ruredy
Born Wild

The threads are not reversed, right-tight, left-loose. The bolt your trying to get out is around 6" long and threads into the crank, oil is probably not going to reach the threads to help. Most people who work on these use impacts to install that bolt, sometimes its near impossible to remove the clutch without one.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 AM   #15
Tuco
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I'll take it by a local shop this week. Know a guy that should be able to help out. Reinstall on the new motor with a normal (not impact) wrench? Need to torque it and if so do yo know the ft lbs? Thanks again!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

I was told to just tighten it as tight as possible with a normal ratchet. That is what I did and I have had no problems thus far.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #17
Tuco
Not Yet Wild

With the right tools most things are a lot easier. The clutch bolt and clutch came off easily with an impact wrench. No on to the reinstall. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Glad everything worked out for you!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
92EZGOsmoker
Not Yet Wild

Wish I had been more prepared. Liked your makeshift puller idea, but just spent hours searching for a 3/4" fine thread bolt to no avail. I guess I'll have to place a McMaster order. Anyone have any suggestions for pulling the flywheel without a puller? Steve.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #20
bmarley93
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

where did u by the puller? and how much?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech