lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 driver side not level

I have a 2013 Yamaha G29 (purchased from golf course). Within days I put a Jake's 3” lift with 20x10x10 tires and wheels. I noticed the driver side not level with passenger side. You can see the axle slightly lower as well. I put Jake's springs (w/o shocks) for durability and checked again… no difference. I have swapped shocks from each side to check if the shocks are bad… no difference. I measured both the axle and rear arm comp and the driver side is about 3/8 inch lower than passenger side. I see a lot of Yamaha owners on here having the same issue. Could the rear arm be the issue or bent? Can I remove and bend it back? I have also noticed the “Bush” on both sides of the connecting rod not flushed/bent (see pic). Would this be an issue? Do I need the connecting rod on the cart since I have Jake's Springs or can I remove it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2193[1].jpg (146.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2197[1].jpg (161.9 KB, 0 views)
brianmac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G29 driver side not level

That is the suspension connecting rod and can't be removed as it is your lateral stability. The driver's side should have a separate bracket to mount, which would lower the connection of the connecting rod the same amount as your lift kit. See first pic from Yamaha lift kit. Note that the connecting rod is level with the tranaxle .There is a possibility of the suspension not being level, if the connecting rod is not level after the lift kit is installed.

I have not used the Jake's kit on a Yamaha, only the factory 2" lift kit, which is outstanding. I would assume that Jake's would provide a similar bracket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driver side lift kit bracket.jpg (313.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161110_171447274.jpg (338.2 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha