lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 g22e new batteries no go searched forums but slightly confused

I have read the forum all afternoon but have went as far as i can go. Its a 2005 yamaha g22e with a new set of batteries and wires. i bought it with dead batteries and the seller said it all worked except batteries. not the case.

when i click the to switch to run i get nothing no click on solenoid. when i press the gas pedal no click and in reverse no buzzer. i checked the continuity on key switch and the forward reverse switch as well as the tow switch and all work correctly. i have 49V coming from the new batteries

selenoid testing this is where i got lost. I checked power to both little terminals and i get 49V on both with the negative test terminal on the negative from my last battery. when i flick the tow run switch one of the terminal loses voltage and the other one is still 49V. i read on forum to test volts accross both small terminals and press the gas and look for a jump in voltage but i get 0 volts and no jump when the gas is pressed. this is where i am lost. i am not sure if i tested the last part correctly. i placed each of my test terminal on each of the 2 small terminals and pressed the gas pedal. so i am not sure if its the solenoid activation circuit or the solenoid. can someone please help me troubleshoot further.

thanks
yukonjoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 05 g22e new batteries no go searched forums but slightly confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonjoe74 View Post
I have read the forum all afternoon but have went as far as i can go. Its a 2005 yamaha g22e with a new set of batteries and wires. i bought it with dead batteries and the seller said it all worked except batteries. not the case.

when i click the to switch to run i get nothing no click on solenoid. when i press the gas pedal no click and in reverse no buzzer. i checked the continuity on key switch and the forward reverse switch as well as the tow switch and all work correctly. i have 49V coming from the new batteries

selenoid testing this is where i got lost. I checked power to both little terminals and i get 49V on both with the negative test terminal on the negative from my last battery. when i flick the tow run switch one of the terminal loses voltage and the other one is still 49V. i read on forum to test volts accross both small terminals and press the gas and look for a jump in voltage but i get 0 volts and no jump when the gas is pressed. this is where i am lost. i am not sure if i tested the last part correctly. i placed each of my test terminal on each of the 2 small terminals and pressed the gas pedal. so i am not sure if its the solenoid activation circuit or the solenoid. can someone please help me troubleshoot further.

thanks
does it ahve a moric controller? they are known to be sh***y

Last edited by lockman1; 05-28-2017 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomGolfCartGuy View Post
does it ahve a moric controller? they are known to be sh***y
yes its a moric. can i upgrade the controller? since i may have to buy a new one anyway what is the fastest one i can get??
Old 05-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Alltrax Xct48xxx. xxx = amps, 300, 400, 500. 400 is great for street type configuration. 500 or more for lifted, offroad size tires. Stock motor will be gone soon, make a plan.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Alltrax Xct48xxx. xxx = amps, 300, 400, 500. 400 is great for street type configuration. 500 or more for lifted, offroad size tires. Stock motor will be gone soon, make a plan.
THANKS,

I bought the 400amp xct48400-oemg19. its running great but the one question i have is on the controller setting what RPM do i use for the speed limiter? its set 6000rpm as default and cart runs fine about 20-24mph with stock tires. i cant find what the max rpm of my stock motor is?? my motor is a JU2-H1890-10 DL4-4002 rating AU2500 3.5hp/2.6 kw 30 min?

thanks for the response
Old 05-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Awesome, you have the rare ADC motor, the most desirable stock G22 motor in my opinion. It should serve you well (forget what I said about "gone soon"). I would use the 6000 Rpm setting. This motor was the "crossover" in between the crappy GE motor & the crappy Hitachi motor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #7
yukonjoe74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Awesome, you have the rare ADC motor, the most desirable stock G22 motor in my opinion. It should serve you well (forget what I said about "gone soon"). I would use the 6000 Rpm setting. This motor was the "crossover" in between the crappy GE motor & the crappy Hitachi motor.
Thanks for all your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha