lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 "Power" Air Filter and Jet Opinions....?

The toque kit should allow you to climb most hills. Of course this depends on steepness and weight on the cart. It may be slow going on some hills. You can also try a shorter belt but it will take away from the top end of the cart. If your looking or needing any more torque than what the torque kit will provide, you'll have to go with a v-twin engine.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
My opinion on a G16 (with lift and 20 to 22 inch tires): install the torque spring/spacer only kit, completely bypass the governor (hook the pedal cable directly to carb. and adjust), remove the foam insert in the airbox, install a uridium NGK plug, plug off the pcv inlet on the airbox only and run the vent line down and out under the cart (may want to install a fuel filter to keep down any leaks, just make sure the arrow is pointing out for flow), change the oil to Mobil 1 syn 10w30, and enjoy plenty of torque and running 30+ mph for around $50 total. This is the best bang for your buck I've ran across with modding any of my carts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Forget about the pcv hose. Just leave it hooked to the airbox. This only deters any oil getting into the airbox. It's more or less preventative maintenance anyway. Go with all the other though.
Ok Spriddle, I'm running 12" wheels with low pro tires on my 02 G-16. I bypassed the gov. and and removed the foam pre-filter and changed to Mobil1 syn. The cart runs 26 to 28mph (on GPS). I'm still afraid to hold the pedal down because that little motor is screamin!
Give me the warm and fuzzy I'm despeately looking for that I wont blow the motor. Or at least give me the noise I should be aware of just before the motor goes.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Ok Spriddle, I'm running 12" wheels with low pro tires on my 02 G-16. I bypassed the gov. and and removed the foam pre-filter and changed to Mobil1 syn. The cart runs 26 to 28mph (on GPS). I'm still afraid to hold the pedal down because that little motor is screamin!
Give me the warm and fuzzy I'm despeately looking for that I wont blow the motor. Or at least give me the noise I should be aware of just before the motor goes.
As long as you don't keep the pedal hammered for long periods, you will be fine. Short bursts and short distances are no problem. OR, just turn up the stereo!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
As long as you don't keep the pedal hammered for long periods, you will be fine. Short bursts and short distances are no problem. OR, just turn up the stereo!
Thanks Ron! Understanding that conditions vary widely, do you think 1/4 mile on level ground is too far to go WOT? Just tryin to narrow it down a bit.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Run it flat out, then you can call Tom and he will send you a BIG part to fix it.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #16
mbincorp
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well, I installed the torque kit right, I cleaned the clutches w/ carb cleaner. I Got little more than I had. I have the jakes 8" lift, and 25x10x12 swamp fox tires. I don't need to go fast, just climb. Where do I find the rejet kit for the carb? Is there a high torque carb available? I am doing the throttle cable redirect tomorrow eve. Want one of the torque type belts. I thank you all for the help you are giving me. I am keeping an ear to the ground, so to say, for a big v-twin or better. Just in case. Should I be looking into re gearing the axle?
mbincorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The other guys know more about this than me, but I would do your cable mod and take a good run on the cart. Take plug wrench(socket) Run it wide open a bit shut it off with out idling (called a plug chop) pull the plug and read it. Tan is nice, change to a larger jet only if plug is gray or white.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
Run it flat out, then you can call Tom and he will send you a BIG part to fix it.
Thanks Craig I have been thinking about that anyway. Problem is, running through the "hood" and neighbors yards on the way home, (most times late at night) I cant have it any louder than it currently is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
The other guys know more about this than me, but I would do your cable mod and take a good run on the cart. Take plug wrench(socket) Run it wide open a bit shut it off with out idling (called a plug chop) pull the plug and read it. Tan is nice, change to a larger jet only if plug is gray or white.
Thanks Dooms, that's actually a real good idea
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Thanks Craig I have been thinking about that anyway. Problem is, running through the "hood" and neighbors yards on the way home, (most times late at night) I cant have it any louder than it currently is.

Thanks Dooms, that's actually a real good idea
Tom's kits are only as loud as you make them . A stock motor is about as loud as a lawn mower.
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzky View Post
Tom's kits are only as loud as you make them . A stock motor is about as loud as a lawn mower.
Thanx Cuz! Yea, I couldnt drive a lawn mower through the yards at 1-2 in the morning either. The stock motor and exhaust are about as loud as I can get
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha