lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: Getting a OHV tag?

Insurance is not required but it is if you intend to drive it on the street which of course means it has to be street legal which is pretty easy in AZ. However this is only on streets where the speed limit is 30mph. It's still a low speed vehicle. I've been on streets where the speed limit is 40 and the cops haven't hassled me but they were quiet streets and my cart will push 40 mph so I'm not holding traffic up. I'm not sure what the story is on quads, but I have actually seen a couple on the freeway and they were flying along.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
Bamfster
Not Yet Wild

That totally cool to be able to run them on the road.....the police around here are pretty much ok with it as long as no one complains, but they are not legal to operate on the road. They haven't even hassled my kids on their gopeds.
Bamfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Insurance is not required but it is if you intend to drive it on the street which of course means it has to be street legal which is pretty easy in AZ. However this is only on streets where the speed limit is 30mph. It's still a low speed vehicle. I've been on streets where the speed limit is 40 and the cops haven't hassled me but they were quiet streets and my cart will push 40 mph so I'm not holding traffic up. I'm not sure what the story is on quads, but I have actually seen a couple on the freeway and they were flying along.
quads on the freeway, that just don't seem right to me.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
Bamfster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
quads on the freeway, that just don't seem right to me.
Not right, but totally cool!
Bamfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

we ndont even get the sheriff here for burglaries,let alone checking tags in the boonies.you are right though.it will be necessary to have a tag for cart transfer pretty soon.why are they doing this.safety?recognize stolen vehicles?no. this is all for the GD money.some counties in Az have had this law for a while.its really a hassle. an indication of things to come?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #16
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I think it's insane, and let me tell you, those guys are screamin' along.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfster View Post
Not right, but totally cool!
i hear that
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
I think it's insane, and let me tell you, those guys are screamin' along.
i talked to a guy that had a street legal quad.it looked funky,with the highway tires.he said he can do about 65 and rides the freeways.i dont like riding the freeways in my pu.glad to be semi retired.i hardly ever even go north of the river.what part of Az are you from hwill?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #19
hwill
Not Yet Wild

I'm from west Phoenix, but live in Surprise now. I'm just 15 minutes from the Hassy where everyone rides.

They have been out checking for OHV tags out there lately so I want be safer than sorry. Besides everyone I ride with and my 3 other quads have the OHV tags.

Getting the cart or quad street legal is very easy here. I'm thinking about getting the cart street legal so I can cruise to the mail box and down the street with out issues. I need to see how much insurance is first.
hwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #20
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Mine added to my car's policy is less than $100 a year for full coverage. Well worth it if you drive on the streets.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha