lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2020, 05:14 AM   #1
JLBachs
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default would like to verify parts for 48V

I had originally posted in the EZGO section because i read there's more activity there, but in this case it seems reasonable to clarify I'm not working with an ezgo cart.
Our new to us Melex 252 is a lot of fun, but it runs out of steam on longer trips and it's time to upgrade to 48V. In reading it looks like this is a series motor so would an Alltrax sr-48400 be appropriate to replace the existing controller? Besides this, the batteries, the new solenoid/resistor/diode, and a different charger, are there any other pieces to buy?

I noticed that the 48V chargers look like they are 3-wire. Is it appropriate to change them to the 2-wire like the 36V charger, or is it best to replace the connector on the cart? Also it looks like there is a big disparity in charger prices with some on amazon being half that of a traditional charger yet still having good reviews. Do they last?

Thanks in advance for the help
JLBachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Elit33
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: would like to verify parts for 48V

Hello, did you ever figure out the correct motor/controller for the Melex conversion?
Elit33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #3
JLBachs
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: would like to verify parts for 48V

Yes - went with the Alltrax SR 48400. Still waiting for it to arrive.
The Melex pot is 0-5K verified before ordering
Bought the Lester Summit II so I will have a 48V charger when the time comes - turns out it does a far better job of charging the 36V batteries than the EZGO Textron I've been using.
JLBachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex