lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: New to Yami Gas Forum

Welcome! Turning up the govenor is the same on your new "the drive" as older 4 cycle Yamaha's, on top of the transaxle is the govenor assy. There will be a threaded rod with a 10mm nut, turn the nut in so more threads are showing. The more threads showing the faster your car will go. No warranty problems I know of by turning it up. After the warranty period, you may want to bypass the govenor, by that time you will have a feel for you car's performance and engine noises. Many here can help you with that. Spriddle is really good help if you want to try. Lets see pix's of your new ride. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
keltonkrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is that bolt on like a big spring v looking contraption with cables going go it?? I turned that nut but could only turn it like 1 full turn.

here's a pic of the cart and it's new home

keltonkrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #13
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

nice looking cart.thanks for the pic.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltonkrew View Post
Is that bolt on like a big spring v looking contraption with cables going go it?? I turned that nut but could only turn it like 1 full turn.

here's a pic of the cart and it's new home

keltonkrew, it will look something like the attached. You should be able to get more than 1 turn on it unless your dealer already adjusted it for you? Again, the idea is to tighted the 10mm nut till you find the top speed that you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07406.jpg (59.9 KB, 14 views)
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
keltonkrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks....that's not what I was turning! I was on a 10mm nut on a spring on top of the axle by the gas tank....thought I was going to break the bolt so I stopped...I'll check that one in your pic tomorrow am!!!!
keltonkrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha