lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How much did it cost?

right now I am dealing with my local agent (State Farm) where I also have my vehicles, camper, trailers, house, etc, etc, - you know - all the toys. Anyway, I can get full coverage with replacement value including theft and fire with $100 deductible for $44/year. I don't think that is too bad.
Rascl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

not at all.my wife's cart was $50.00 per year with pretty much the same coverage.i am not surprised.being on the outskirts of the 5th largest city in the USA.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Electronics View Post
No, but you can buy another used one for that (yours isn't NEW is it?), and build it to suit your desires. Likely it'd still cost more than that, but you can't expect a brand new one to replace an "old" one. You can however request market value for how it's equipped (used cart value, plus all parts). If you buy a used CAR you don't expect the insurance company to replace it with a brand new model do you? :)

Forgot in the other post to say that you need to make sure you get EVERYTHING IN WRITING, showing the actual coverage, or when/if the time comes they'll find a way to screw you.
SP - you are probably right, and $2500 would get me pretty close to what I have in it. $1100 for the cart, $300 for the lift kit, $350 for the wheels & tires, maybe $50 in paint and other crap - that's only $1,800. I can still spend more before I get to "replacement value".
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I always try to overvalue everything with the insurance, so that hopefully I can at least break even when they're done screwing me out of things. :)

$44 a year sounds reasonable to me. I'd pay 3 years up front, so they can't try to change the terms down the road... lol
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'd tell them it was $10,000.00. When they say "that cant be right" tell them to prove you wrong
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you buy a brand new cart, the cost, of course, is based on the number of factory extras you order. The custom orders can vary a lot. A base cart 17 years ago was about $5500. Factory lights, add $200.00, large tires, add $300. See, how it can add up.
With the extras you have, I would tell them $6000
Now, a loaded cart will cost $7000.-8,000. Depending on the model.
That is a guestimate, but I'd bet it's real close...
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Is there anywhere that I might find something showing how much one cost new in 1992? I've tried the Yamaha website hoping they would have some sort of price range in the history section, but no luck. I would love to find something I could print out to take to them to show them that even base models were not cheap in 1992.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascl93 View Post
Is there anywhere that I might find something showing how much one cost new in 1992? I've tried the Yamaha website hoping they would have some sort of price range in the history section, but no luck. I would love to find something I could print out to take to them to show them that even base models were not cheap in 1992.
Sorry I can't give you a printed version (You would need to find a person that bought a cart and kept the receipt, many times people trading in there old carts kept all there records). I remember selling G9A's with a top and windshield for ..............$2995.00. Hope this helps. Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha