lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie...stock size tires for sand

Hello to all and love this site. Lots of good info and interaction. I had an electric ezgo and had to get a gas because the batteries just would not last much in the sand, and also the long distances my wife and kidos like to cruise around at the lake. After some research and test drives I choose the Yamaha and have never looked back. The ride and look is just so much better. We have a place at Lake Texoma and they do not allow aggressive tires anymore. They have to be turf tires or I risk a ticket if caught on the beach. I may just say what the heck and get some Duros or Carlise All Terrain anyway, but would love anyones input. I don't have a lift yet either, so that may be to come soon also. My problem is we have to really watch for semi deep sand, or we get stuck. What are some of you doing for riding on sandy beaches?
BrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie...stock size tires for sand

I can't help with the sand tires but I can say you made the right decision on the cart!! Yamahas RULE!!

Oh, WELCOME TO BGW!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Typically with sand the less air you carry in the tires the better off you are. I would say get down to about 6 pounds and see how it goes.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Doormats_DecoWelcome.jpg
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I know we heve friends in Arizona, Michigan maybe Florida that like to run in sand that could probably chime in here, but they are usually running some big, aggressive treads! I would agree with Scotty to lower air pressure, maybe spring for the widest offset wheels and tires I could find too. And horse power always helps!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
I know we heve friends in Arizona, Michigan maybe Florida that like to run in sand that could probably chime in here, but they are usually running some big, aggressive treads! I would agree with Scotty to lower air pressure, maybe spring for the widest offset wheels and tires I could find too. And horse power always helps!
yup.
AT 22x11x10.max pressure 7 lbs.driven in sand 99.9% of the time.
stock engine bored 50 out.bypassed governor.never got stuck.have pulled a lot of peeps out of the desert.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I agree on the widest rims. I changed to a 10" wide rim and lowered the air to @ 6PSI on my wifes Yamaha and the foot print increased a lot.
I also kept the rims 8" dia to get all of the sidewall I could for a smooth ride.
I use it to put the skis in and out at the lake. (and pull other carts with skis out!)
I have also found running about 10ozs of slime in each tire keeps them from slow seeping.

These tires might be a little to agressive but a 22X11-8 turf tamer will do wonders

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
YamahaG22GW
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Darn right you made a good choice but i would not condemn the electric! G22 has lots of juice for anything you throw at it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0046.jpg (60.7 KB, 8 views)
YamahaG22GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for all the input. We are going to the lake for the next 10 days for our summer vacation. I'm gonna try the low tire pressure on just my stock tires and see what happens. I'm saving up for a lift/tire combo and thought I would want the bigger rims but I may go with the 8 inch for the comfort ride. I have some time, its probally going to be next spring before I can get that anyway...tax return! Also it sounds like you use your cart to pull a jet ski out of the water. No kidding, these have enough power for that???
BrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

I have a coworker that runs a vw buggy and they use street tires so they dont dig in and float on top. He did try som MT tires but it did not work for him.
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha