lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 power speed question???

Can someone tell me how much pulling power and how fast I can get my 1997 G16 to go without bypassing the governor ? I was told by re-clutching and re-jetting the engine it would go about 25 mph and pull over 8,000 lbs. with stock tires. Is this true, or was this guy over exaggerating? I was also told that after putting a lift on it with bigger tires it would do about 30 mph.

I purchased this stock yamaha 1997 G16 and I love it. I find myself using it more than I thought I would. I want to do more with it though, like hauling large loads of wood with a trailer and take it out on some trails and be able to keep up with other people.

What I would like to know is IF this is possible, what is the best way to get the most pulling power and speed out of my cart? and what is the most economical way of doing it. I want to be able to get better traction. I noticed when I would get in A sandy area, only one tire would spin. Is there a way to make it so both turn? like a possy rear end? and what is the best lift kit? I would like one that gives me a lot of ground clearance and will give me a nice smooth ride. can anyone tell me about the "Jake's Long Travel Lift Kit"? will this give me a smooth ride and why is the cost so much more than the other lift kits? Where is the best place to buy all this stuff I need, and the best prices?

I know I am asking a lot, but I am sure there are some of you guys who can help me here, so thanks in advance,

Scott.
bigfoot216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
andcon83
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 power speed question???

Go up to the 'Search' menu. Type in any key word and you will get boat loads of info. Make sure you select BGW so you only get BGW posts. I have had my cart for 3 weeks and I haven't stopped reading the info from these guys. I bet you will find all your answers. Good Luck and Welcome!!
andcon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Travis91
Gone Wild

first off.. look at the site sponsors. the plowmans hott set up is really good for power and tourque and the all sports 7 inch double a-arm lift is great.
Travis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

economy is not the word when you want your extras.check with the site sponsors an talk to one of them.they will give you the best deal.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Travis91
Gone Wild

amen! this hobby becomes a money pit lol
Travis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
bigfoot216
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-rrr View Post
amen! this hobby becomes a money pit lol
I can see that this aint going to be cheep, for what I wanna do.

I live 10 miles from plowmans, I guess I will go check them out.

BTW, if I crank the governor adjustment screw all the way , will it hurt the motor?

Scott.
bigfoot216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha