lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need help with picking a lift and a rear seat

I just bought this club car. I dont know too much about them but I want to lift this one and add some rear seating to it. It has a fe290 motor. I just did a full service on the motor and it seems to run OK .The guy I bought it from also gave me a spare motor with a hole in the case so I am also looking for a motor block for that motor. Any advise would help.

Mike
mikeevans860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Need help with picking a lift and a rear seat

If you want the easiest lift install get a Jakes 6" spindle. The front install is super easy, rear the same as others and they are plenty strong. If you add a rear seat it would be wise to install some HD rear leafs when you install the lift.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I really like this cart and want to make mine just like it. The only thing I am going to do different is put a cage and rear seat on it. I did a compression test last nigh and it came back at 140. here are a couple of pics and one from Havasu just for the hell of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1470.jpg (158.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1471.jpg (192.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 0626101528a.jpg (100.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 1118101508.jpg (104.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 1028101947.jpg (90.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I love the middle pic!!! (I never saw that sh*t in Long Beach!)

A Carry-All is a bit different to put a rear seat on... and I have no experience with them,
maybe someone else can chime in with that, Other then that, I'll agree with Roady!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The pic if from Lake Havasu not Long Beech
Old 12-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok mike heres some not so good, but not so ad news for you! you have a carry all. it appears to be the same i have. but you still have the roof on yours. i ripped mine off in the trees. it should have ad a 350 from the factory.
so heres your strange news. they do not make a "cage" exept from the factory. it runs around 2500 for it. its a true roll over protection system, or a rops. it will attach and need to be welded to your frame. no a good idea for the price.
i found a kit from jake that will work, buuuuttt heres the problem. it will bolt everything in front no problem, but it bolts behind the seat,(in your bed) so it renderes the tilt bed idea useless. but it come in peices and i talked to a fellow at jakes to say if you "cut down " the spreader pipes to make them smaller and it can fit. this kit runns a round 500 bucks and ships ups. i habent got it yet due to christmas time means no extra cash for the golf cart.
i also asked at a couple of fab shops here inohio. most estimate 500 to 750 to make one with hand rail tubing, not thin wall. , meaning hand rail is extruded and thin wall is flat stock bascly roled in to a tube so it has a slight seam and not structual. but theother idea i had was having a muffler shop use heavy gaue tube and making one up.

please not unless you get it from club car,it is not a true rops system and if it is involved in any accident you can and may be inured. only the rops from cc will be the only kit to be a true rops. that was truely desighned to save you and the cart in the case of a rollover. all other" cages or "upper brush gaurds" are used and fabercated at owners risk!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
mikeevans860
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The motor is a fe290. I was not even thinking of trying to find one that fits. I was going to have one fabed up. I will check out the one that Jakes makes though. I think I am going to get rid of the dump bed anyway. I like the way that the one in the picture looks without the bed. plus the bed is so bulky. ckiguy send me a pic of yours
Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought all carryalls in around year 2000 had the fe350 engine. unless it got swapped out. Oh i see ur sig now says 01 ccds, those beds are easy to remove and add a rear seat. Jakes or all sports are good kits, i think jakes is the only one you can add disc brakes to the front unless i am wrong
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeevans860 View Post
The pic if from Lake Havasu not Long Beech
It really doesn't matter... I still like it!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeevans860 View Post
I really like this cart and want to make mine just like it. The only thing I am going to do different is put a cage and rear seat on it. I did a compression test last nigh and it came back at 140. here are a couple of pics and one from Havasu just for the hell of it.
wait know that i look at these photos i releize there are 2 seperate carts. one has atv tires and one is a carry all 2 . oh and yess i see the girls!
ill get you those pics tomorrow. takinghere out in the snow! woohoo!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car