lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Starting Problem

I have a 1996 cart. It will start if I push the choke half way and barely touch the gas, as soon as I increase the gas it will stall no matter if I apply full, half or no choke. If I sit there for a while just kind of idling, once it warms up I can take off. Any other cart I have had you could apply full gas, some choke and take right off. Any suggestions would be great.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Starting Problem

I have a 96 also and when i got it this spring it needed work for sure if i remember right my carb was worn out. the rod that holds the butterfly was really loose and worn. i put a new carb on it and then it didnt really want to go at all and i had to change the coil and ignitor. i got lucky it was a unit that was together......96 is a split year so somethings off a 97 and up will work and most of the things are off a 96 and under. hope that helps it either carb and filters or coil and ignitor at least that worked for me. it is in the 20s here and i go out and choke it and it goes. surprised me but i'll ride when it is cold dont bother me .......
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Dewey has the carb been cleaned (torn down and cleaned with
torch tip cleaners)?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Dewey
Not Yet Wild

No, I haven't tried anything yet. But I will give it a try and let you know how I make out.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car