lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel Pump?

was driving my 94 Club car when it started to get sluggish, There is a filter that comes right off the fuel tank before the fuel pump. There is very little fuel in this first filter and I'm wondering if it is the pump it's self. Any Sugestions. I tried posting this before but I may have posted in the wrong area
Daddyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fuel Pump?

Follow your fuel line to the carb. Remove the line from carb, put cart in service mode and press gas pedal so that engine spins over and you should see fuel coming out of line if pump is good. Not always will filters stay full of fuel. Keep us posted!!
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

I will try that thank you. if it help for diagnosis I have a new carb on it. will repost when tested
Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

pulled of hose from carb and fuel coming out ok, seemed like cart wanted to run fine with hose off. as soon as I put the hose back on all it did was sputter and not engage. whats your thoughts. new plug a few days ago, could it be fouled already?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pull the vent line off carb and try again. Vent line could be stopped up, seen this happen a lot. Also check air filter box and filter as well. We had a 93 full of mud dobbers in the plastic part you push in to choke it and cleaned the holes out and ran fine.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

ok checked everthing you said with the air flitler, cleaned it and pulled hose off carb with no avail. Had the same problem a few weeks back and changed the spark plug and it went right away. on a hunch I changed the plug again and it fired up imediately. Not entirely sure but spark seems week. After running it with poor spark on a new plug could it only be a matter of time before the plug gets fouled and this happens again? Could it be just a matter of changing the plug cap or the cap and wire I would assume you would just change out the whole thing but looking for your thoughts? I didn't pull the cap and wire off as I'm not sure if there is a process to removing it.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

ok changed plug and cart ran fine for about 25 holes then started to crap out again.. I'm sure if I change my plug again it will run fine for a while. any thoughts?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

what plug brand and number are you using?
what does the old plug look like when you remove it?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyd View Post
ok changed plug and cart ran fine for about 25 holes then started to crap out again.. I'm sure if I change my plug again it will run fine for a while. any thoughts?
Plug brand and number? Also when you say weak spark do you think it may be fading away? Take off spark plug boot, hold bare wire close to metal, and in service mode run engine and check spark should be good strong blue spark. Keep running for about 3-5 minutes and if it does not fail it could be your coil breaking down when hot? But that don't seem right because you put in new plug and it goes again?

I would also check the compression as well.

Keep us posted
Old 07-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
Daddyd
Not Yet Wild

plug is a NGK BPR6ES. Seems as tho after aboout 20 holes or so the plug is blackened. Not sure if the revs are not high enough to burn off the carbon. I took one out today that was black and leaned it up and it went right away, after a short time, it strarted to spudder again and the plug was black again. Put it in service mode with no load on the engine and it will start to go. Kinda strange. Not sure if I need to increase the revs so it will burn off the the plug. What do you guys think?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car