lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
uhhomlt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Precendent- gas..starter problems

I had a starter go out..replaced it, and it lasted about 4 days, replaced it again (dealer gave me another one) well it only lasted 4 days or so. I don't know what's going on. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to check?

Thanks!
uhhomlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precendent- gas..starter problems

whats is going on with it? how is it going bad? is the voltage regulator working? not overcharging......other than that i don,t know of anything else that would cause the starter to go bad.....unless like any other parts that you can buy new and they are bad can you try a starter from a different source? tell the dealer if it works he must have a bad batch and should reimburse you??...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
uhhomlt
Not Yet Wild

the first starter lasted about 5 years, then one day my daughter called me a said the cart wouldn't start. I jumpered the solenoid out and it ran like that for a few days then it wouldn't do anything. I replaced the solenoid, and the pedal controller, still nothing. I followed a test procedure from someone on this site and it led me to the starter, so I replaced it. It worked great for about 4-5 days then nothing. I called the distributor and they sent me another new starter, installed it and it worked great for 4-5 days then nothing. The distributor said he would replace it again but suggested I take the cart somewhere to get it checked out. He thinks maybe low voltage is taking it out.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

either that or high voltage both would be the voltage regulator.......you can test that with a voltage meter...put cart in maintence mode and put probes on battery watch reading as you rev cart.....should be anywhere from 13.9 to 15.7 anywheres lower or higher its bad..............................
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
uhhomlt
Not Yet Wild

I would but the cart won't turn over.....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you tried pushing the cart just a tad and then seeing if it would crank over? have you pulled the rubber inspection plugs on the starter to look at the brushes? there are 4 of them along the front end of the starter you can get 3 of them off without taking starter out.......so look at the brushes to see how far down in the holders they are.................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car