lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
jimtwin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Stupid oil light

We have A 2001 club car DS it has a 6" jakes lift kit and 22" tires. I have had trouble with the oil light coming on at high RPM's. I have change the oil to royal purple synthetic 5-W-20 and that worked for about 2 weeks. now the light has started coming on again.( and the oil is at the full level) now I have turned the front motor mount over to level out the motor but to no avail. does anyone have any ides??? will this hurt the motor??? the I'm not big on unhooking warning lights but I'm close on this one.

Thanks Jim
jimtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stupid oil light

The thing we have found if the lighter synthetic oil did not help or help much. Normally the drive clutch is in need of repair. By being worn and not providing the full overdrive ratio the motor is just turning to many rpms for the speed the cart is moving. Need proof? Put the cart in maintenance mode and rev engine and see if belt comes to the top of drive clutch. If not it's time for weights and washer replacement in the clutch.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
jimtwin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, i tried what you recommended. the belt travels out to about 1/2" to 3/4" to the end of the pulley. is this normal????

Thanks Jim
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

No belt should come level to the top. Your not even getting close to overdrive. Time for washer and weights.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
skynrbck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

now does that matter if ur have govnr on or not,cause i dont have govnt off an my light is comn on i noticed when travel on flat land goin from hill to hill?also lost take off power once i lifted cart ,what is a solution to that prob???
skynrbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
jimtwin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, is this something a moderate weekend tinker can do???? or something i may need help with???
Old 07-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
jimtwin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure how good this pic came out but you can see the marks were the belt has been riding.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0860.jpg (106.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Last edited by Texas001; 07-31-2011 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: I was in the wrong thread. This is Club Car, I am EZGO
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Governor is based on axle speed not engine rpm. Basicly look at it like this.
Lets say your car has a governor at 55 MPH and in overdrive engine rpm is 2500. Now move gear selector to L2. Car is still going 55mph but engine rpms are now 5000. Same thing for your cart your driving around in second gear. As long as you have a clutch puller, New weights and washer repair is less then a hour job.

With the governor removed results are simular. Cart top speed will increase with better working drive clutch and should not have enough HP to be able to get to a high enough speed that the rpm would be high enough to make the light come on.

Hope this makes sense
Old 08-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
jimtwin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

just got done installing a weight and spring kit. seen some wear, wore steal and lots of rust. started the cart and watched the belt. it does go out about a 1/4" to 3/8" further than it did. but it's still about 3/8" from the top of the pulley. have not been able to drive it yet major storms here
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car