lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
splitkooks
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Carryall Starter Belt Slip

Just did a bunch of work to my 01 Carryall 1 (6" jakes Spindle, wheels, belt, s/g belt), and now the starter belt slips. I can get the cart started, after several very careful attempts, but it kills to get stuck...

We had to loosten the starter to get off and back on a new belt, so i think this might be the issue. And now twice we have re adjusted the location thinking that there isnt enough friction to turn the belt consistently...

Note this is only when starting, if i keep it at idle when stopped this is bypassed...

This just might be the push for me to do a Lockman1 idle unhook.....

Any suggestions?
splitkooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall Starter Belt Slip

The "idle" thing won't help when you need to start it... it'll just keep the engine running,
and eventually you'll have to shut it down, and restart it!

I've found the the S/G belt on Club Cars can be somewhat "finicky",
Too loose and the belt will slip, Too tight, and the S/G has a hard time getting past the compression stage of the engine.

I'd suggest to just keep readjusting the tension on the belt until you've found "the sweet spot"

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
ecrouse
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Carryall Starter Belt Slip

If I understand, your S/G belt is definitely tight, you've adjusted it twice but it's still slipping when you try to start the engine, yes?

Is the drive belt tight when the engine is off? It should be quite loose and move freely when the engine is off and at idle RPMs. Does the cart try to move when you are starting it or at idle?
ecrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car