lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Reciever Hitch

does anyone know how much weight these things can support?? i have a 91 ds with the hd leaf springs. was thinking about adding one if it is worth a ****. anyone have pictures curious what it bolts to says no cutting drilling or welding bolts right on? doesnt seem like theres is much back there to bolt to. does it bolt to the frame? if anyone know or has pictures let me know!
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

Default Re: Reciever Hitch

I do not have any pictures, but I pull my 16 foot car trailer with it.

It bolts on the box part under the bag well. It takes 4 bolts.
WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

if you get a chance could you snap a picture. and how long is the reciver tube itself? have you had a car on the trailer and pulled it with the cart by any chance?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

if its not too much work might try to make one. could probably have it done for under 25 bux in materials.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch...ube-97095.html
Old 10-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would think you'd be pushing your luck trying to pull a car and trailer. Too much weight. I think the receiver hitch could handle it, not sure your cart would. I paid $50 for mine, shipping included, just installed it Wednesday. Only thing I needed was 2 bolts and a ball. I'll get you a couple pics Saturday if someone else doesn't.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Mine was a 99 DS resistor cart 36V, I put one on and I used to pull my 5x10 trailer around the yard with it. This is the best pic I could find.

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
have you had a car on the trailer and pulled it with the cart by any chance?
NO WAY. I use the cart to pull the trailer from my back yard to the street, and put it away when I am done.

Mine is for a cart with out a back seat. I have a back seat. I use a extension and the ball that goes on the car.
WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

thanks for the response guys i wouldnt imagine it would be able to haul a car on the trailer i was just curious. i know the carryall 2 can hold quite a load in the bed. i would mainly be using it for just what was mentioned to move a utility trailer from one side of the house to the other and occasionally pull one around a campsite. if anyone has some pictures that would be awesome measurements might even be a plus! i was just looking under there. does it attach to that 1/4" x 1" angle that runs the the back of the frame?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

anyone know the length and size of the angle used to support the back of the reciver tube? looking at pictures of it online.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

i made mine out of flat plate to fit into the rear slot thats already there works great and im on factory springs with home made 8" lift with 24" tires. i mostly use to pull my 16 foot bass boat in and out of the garage and around the yard out of the way now and then with no problems. but im all on flat ground, i would not trust the brakeing power of the cart to stop me on a slop of any kind. but anyways my boat doesnt squat the cart anymore than 1.5 inches at most, i pulled a heavy car trailer behind it once and that squated it like 6 inches but still pulled it fine but like said im still on factory springs, i started to go HD but im not having any rubbing issues so why make things stiffer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart pulling 2.jpg (133.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cart pulling 1.jpg (163.9 KB, 13 views)
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car