lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default going price '91 DS

I am curious of what a '91 DS would sell for. I know someone who has one that doesn't run. The old KF82 engine. Needs the coil behind the flywheel. This thing looks good, has back seat and canopy. Would like to know what a fair offer would be. Would love to get it if I can.
mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
mortimer
Getting Wild

Default Re: going price '91 DS

We are in Ohio. Not sure what the price differences are state to state.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just bought an 88 with a bad engine. No rear seat, but otherwise in decent shape. Paid $300. I'm in Kansas. I've done alot of looking around and am sometimes quite surprised at how much prices vary even just around here. In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, I wouldn't give more than $500 for it. Got any pictures of it?

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
mortimer
Getting Wild

Well it's in pretty good shape. I have no pics. But know first hand because it was my neighbors at our campsite. No body cracks, seats look fine. He asked me to look at it when it wouldn't start last season. Checked everything and the coil was bad. Barely giving any spark. Told him how much it would be and that it could be difficult to find because they claim they are discontinued. From what I can tell it seems most dealers can still get them. Although pricey. Found one on that auction site, told him how much it was, and he told me to get it and he'd pay me right back. Famous last words. We have left numorous messages on his home phone with no reply. I even drove by him at a stop light while going to work, honked and waived and it seemed he blew me off. I know he knows my truck and I was right next to him. So, this season i might say i needed that part myself and try to buy his cart. Supposibly he was a good friend to the wifes family and we talked every weekend i was there. Not to mention I got a that coil for $30. Tests fine. I thought that was a good deal. And no charge for labor.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its a 91 and lots of parts are either very hard to find or you just can,t get them anymore........figure what the coil cost and what labor to install would cost add them up and offer him that...............some people think they are worth the price of gold and if he told you to grab a coil and now is blowing you off well that should tell you something and if your smart i wouldn,t sell him the coil under any conditions now ..................let him try and find one on his own tell him you had to sell the one you got for a loss to get some of your money back.......if he can,t find a coil it might motivate him to sell it at a reasonable price................i hate sounding nasty like this but if what you say is true he deserves it.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
mortimer
Getting Wild

Well, the wife and I were going to tell him I needed it for mine but, hmm, I kinda like your idea better. There is no way he'll get it fixed by me now. That was already discussed. The wife is more peeved than I. And I was the one who had to take the back seat off to get under the back where I'd be close to the wiring. Then was nice and put it back on. I was happy to have the spare coil just in case, or hold on to it for a while and maybe make a few bucks down the road. I believe he said someone he had talked to wanted $400 to clean it and replace that coil. Is a bit dirty under that seat. Nothing a good spray won't fix. Gonna have to call a few places and see what the costs are exactly. Get an average(high). I know quite a few people looking for a decent cart. And I'm the one who gets asked what they go for. Not a clue. Other than a new one.

I get more peeved the closer the camping season gets.

Last edited by mortimer; 03-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: short add on
Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Well, the wife and I were going to tell him I needed it for mine but, hmm, I kinda like your idea better. There is no way he'll get it fixed by me now. That was already discussed. The wife is more peeved than I. And I was the one who had to take the back seat off to get under the back where I'd be close to the wiring. Then was nice and put it back on. I was happy to have the spare coil just in case, or hold on to it for a while and maybe make a few bucks down the road. I believe he said someone he had talked to wanted $400 to clean it and replace that coil. Is a bit dirty under that seat. Nothing a good spray won't fix. Gonna have to call a few places and see what the costs are exactly. Get an average(high). I know quite a few people looking for a decent cart. And I'm the one who gets asked what they go for. Not a clue. Other than a new one.

I get more peeved the closer the camping season gets.

I just scored an 08 with a blown motor for free. Drag it off price. I Love what some folks chuck out

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
mortimer
Getting Wild

That's what I am driving around now. Keep adding stuff to it. Sat behind father in law's camper for about 6 years. He just gave us an electric yamaha for Christmas.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #9
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some guys have all the luck...

Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
I just scored an 08 with a blown motor for free. Drag it off price. I Love what some folks chuck out

FC
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well the good thing about that 91, is that it has or should have the ccw rearend for better engine performance if you ever decide to swap that engine out. 500 or less is a deal here in tx but they are popular here because of the beaches
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car