lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just a little more speed

That would be a good thing to know. I was planning on keeping the rev limiter hooked up for that purpose.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
VHT
Not Yet Wild

That is a good question Shoeless Joe, I was planning on keeping the rev limiter hooked up to help protect the engine.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about double post, computer at work has some problems and it died so I thought it didn't go through. Also I wanted to ask, if I mark the gov before I take it loose, can I put it back like it was? Also with unhooking it, will it cause the cart to jerk at slow speeds?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
^^^

Doc, with your govenor undone but the rev limiter still intact how often do you hit the limiter? I like that idea and I figure if I do that (along with the belt and driven spring) but be smart about how much foot I put to it I should be able to get the speed I want for cruising and still say off the limiter pretty easily.
I go for about 4mile rides couple times a day every weekend and I have alot of hills to climb but it's all Lake roads and I think I've only hit it a few times and I was trying to hit it then.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #15
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHT View Post
Sorry about double post, computer at work has some problems and it died so I thought it didn't go through. Also I wanted to ask, if I mark the gov before I take it loose, can I put it back like it was? Also with unhooking it, will it cause the cart to jerk at slow speeds?
I would just put a zip tie loosely through the governor springs and pull it a little tighter with each test until you get it where you want it. Preferably right before the RPM limiter kicks in. The RPM limiter will cause some jerkiness which might cause a little sea sickness sensation. Removing the limiter arm or doing the zip tie trick shouldn't cause the cart to jerk at low speed at all.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

i just wouldn't trust these engines holding together past 4000 rpm.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post
could not agree more.........after you see some of the problems it causes it just isn,t worth it...............i feel so strong about it that if i know someone played with the gov. i won,t touch the cart i have spent way to much free time because of it....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
could not agree more.........after you see some of the problems it causes it just isn,t worth it...............i feel so strong about it that if i know someone played with the gov. i won,t touch the cart i have spent way to much free time because of it....................................
I agree. If the engine is unmodified to handle higher RPM's than the STANDARD limiter allows you might be heading for trouble but with the RPM limiter connected you are simply cutting out just one of the two fail safes that CC employed. There's nothing particularly clever about this engine, it was designed to pull 4200 RPM's in it's other applications but on a long life cycle golf cart it was throttled back in the interests of longevity. As I have stated before, my particular engine is blue printed and balanced, she wears stronger valve springs and has several other modifications to keep the internals running smoothly. It'll pull an easy 4700 RPM in short blasts and quite honestly sound smoother at the higher end. Beyond that I don't know. It's not a racing engine but it feels great. It wants to go higher but I keep her in check via the rev counter as my other posts will confirm. ANY engine can be made to exceed factory RPM limitations, it's down to the individual to show self restraint.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #19
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post

With that being said, where does the stock rev limiter kick in at?
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 AM   #20
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
With that being said, where does the stock rev limiter kick in at?
Don't quote me on this but I think its like 3700 maybe 3800. but the upgrades I did and leaving the stock in place has worked well for two summers now. Like I said earlier I use some self control as well.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car